 General / 48929
Re: Next Legend re-release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:29:53 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

I don't think this is old news... Set 10159, featured in the new UK S@H
catalogue, is a re-release of airport set 6597,
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=6597, with new greys of course...

Huw

Also with the new palm tree I imagine (1 piece leaves, 1 piece trunk).
I noticed that the runways seem to have six studs on the edges.
The Century Skyway had seven (and even older airports had nine).  The
windsock is also different.  In the old set it is a 2 x 2 x 2 cone in
white with red stripes, in the new one it looks to be solid red.

Still a wonderful set!  I spent many hours drooling over the original
when it was in a local toy store.

Gail Meagher

Re: Next Legend re-release
catalogue, is a re-release of airport set 6597,
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=6597, with new greys of course...

Huw

Also with the new palm tree I imagine (1 piece leaves, 1 piece trunk).
I noticed that the runways seem to have six studs on the edges.
The Century Skyway had seven (and even older airports had nine).  The
windsock is also different.  In the old set it is a 2 x 2 x 2 cone in
white with red stripes, in the new one it looks to be solid red.

At least the hinged things SEEM to be the older style 5 finger (car roof) hinges
rather than click hinges. But I wonder if this is a photo from the older
artwork, perhaps retouched, rather than from the newer.

If they switch this over to click hinges I'll be disappointed but probably will
still buy some.

Still a wonderful set!  I spent many hours drooling over the original
when it was in a local toy store.

I missed out on that but I have enjoyed my used copy a lot.  I am very happy to
see this come back. Century Skyway is one of my favorite town sets. I think it's
a better choice than http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6392 although that one is also
quite good

Re: Next Legend re-release
[...]

What are you basing your conclusions from? The link shows a picture with runway
plates that have 7 stud wide grass strips. Or is there a picture directly from
the UK Catalogue? I'm also wondering about the plates, remember my plates were
Green with the gray painted, does this mean they'll be painted in the new gray
as well?

Re: Next Legend re-release
What are you basing your conclusions from? The link shows a picture with runway
plates that have 7 stud wide grass strips. Or is there a picture directly from
the UK Catalogue? I'm also wondering about the plates, remember my plates were
Green with the gray painted, does this mean they'll be painted in the new gray
as well?

Alright I stand corrected, Someone uploaded the pic from the catalogue today.

Re: Next Legend re-release
Also with the new palm tree I imagine (1 piece leaves, 1 piece trunk).

It has the old Palm Trees. LEGO still makes the old palms. It was seen last in
the Breezeway Cafe LEGEND, and the catalouge image has the old palm.

Re: Next Legend re-release
Also with the new palm tree I imagine (1 piece leaves, 1 piece trunk).

It has the old Palm Trees. LEGO still makes the old palms. It was seen last in
the Breezeway Cafe LEGEND, and the catalouge image has the old palm.

That might be right on the Cafe, but I'm almost certain, that the picture on
this shows the 2-piece tree; the palm leaves looks to have the etched surface of
the new tree, not the smooth surface of the old leaves.

Arne, Copenhagen