 General / 48377
Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:58:33 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Tim Strutt wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

  • Your best guess on how many people actively participated with the elements of the kit (took stickers,
  • Your best guess on overall LEGO brand “exposure” (amount of people who came in contact with the kit)

   Number of people that actively participated:
I don’t have a count of how many people attended. We gave out all the book covers/posters, half the first day, and half the second, and still ran out early both days. Reaching WAY BACK, I think there were 400 posters in the event kit, and we only gave one to each child, and ran out mid-afternoon, so I’m going to guess there were more than 500 children in attendance. That is just a guess though. We gave out stickers along with the book covers until we ran out of them too. The kids loved both, and every parent could be seen wandering around with the posters and stickers in their hands.
Unfortunately we received the kit too late to make a play area, since the required area for each club was already fixed, and we had no extra room. Some of the green 2x4 bricks did make it into my tunnel for the event though. We hope to have more space this year for a children-specific area. Thanks again for all the bricks and elements.

Number of people exposed to the kit:
Again, I can only guess, but I’d say there were just as many adults as children exposed to the kit in terms of the signage, etc, but we didn’t give any goodies to the adults. Conservatively, I’m guessing well over 1000 people in total. We had adults asking for literature for their kids, and even for themselves, and some even wanted to buy sets from us.

We just got feedback from the organizer of Railfair Ottawa, and he says that the attendance was between 2500-3000 with 20-25% being children.
That works out to 500-750 children, which matches my conservative guess.

Tim Strutt