 LEGO Company / 2096
Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:24:24 GMT

I would argue that only one of these is a "loss" in the sense of shrinkage. The
other two are planned

In lugnet.lego, Joseph Woolley wrote:

We have experienced noticable losses at three events:

Shrine show, where we used bricks to make ornaments for the tree, as Paul
mentioned.

This is a planned loss, you used the bricks to make something.

COSI show, where everything is hands on... I think the event kit bricks joined
their brothers and sisters in the COSI build area.  They had a place for kids to
build and "race" cars from LEGO parts.

This is shrinkage...

Marcon, where we allowed the kids to each build a small creation, which then
became the prize when they won the timed contest.

This is a planned loss, you used the bricks to make something.

This brings up a good topic which is that different clubs do different things
with the bricks. At one far end is GardenSLUG in which Eric made a lot of models
to display. At the other far ens are clubs that used them just in the play area.
Some clubs like you are in the middle.

Good stuff!