 LEGO Company / 2095
Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mike Walsh wrote:

"BrickBuy" <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

[ ... snipped ... ]

1 initially, one later on to replenish lost bricks

[ ... snipped ... ]

This surprises me.  We have had virtually zero loss out of our event kit and
the K8 we got years ago.  Do you have any insight as where the bricks went?

When we first got a K8 I was concerned about loss because I had recently
talked to LEGO employees at both LEGOLand California and the Imagination
Center in Orlando.  In both cases employees told me that people regularly
helped themselves to the bricks in the play area even though signs were
posted asking people not to.

We have had really good experiences though.  We have yet to have any
significant shrinkage of the bricks LEGO has provided us.  Maybe people here
are more honest than most ...

Mike

We have experienced noticable losses at three events:

Shrine show, where we used bricks to make ornaments for the tree, as Paul
mentioned.

COSI show, where everything is hands on... I think the event kit bricks joined
their brothers and sisters in the COSI build area.  They had a place for kids to
build and "race" cars from LEGO parts.

Marcon, where we allowed the kids to each build a small creation, which then
became the prize when they won the timed contest.

We're not talking about large quantities of bricks, but over time, you can see
the difference.

// Joe