 LEGO Company / 1936
1935  |  1937
Subject:
Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 20:35:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After quite a long run, the LEGO Event Kits have finally run out. We’ve sent out scores of the things all over the country in the last 10 months or so. (Or has it been longer?)

Now that all of them are gone, I’d like to ask two things:

Gather feedback
I’ve collected a few notes over the months about what seemed to work well and what didn’t, but I’d like to hear from you. It seems that the general concept of the event kits was a good one, and I’d like to make sure the next time we do these (see next item), they are as good as possible.

Collect Data
These kits got such a positive reaction in the community I want to do everything I can do to get the concept bought into again for 2005. I’d also like to take the concept to colleagues in other countries and sell them on the idea. But in order to do that, I need your help and data.

If you, your club, or your organization received a kit, I’d like to request the following:
  • Name of Club
  • Number of kits received (some clubs/groups got more than one because of the amount of events they were running)
  • General location of both club and event(s) where the kit(s) was used
  • Links to any pictures you have of the kit
  • Your best guess on how many people actively participated with the elements of the kit (took stickers,
  • Your best guess on overall LEGO brand “exposure” (amount of people who came in contact with the kit)
This info will help me pull together a solid business case for why we should do this concept again. (Or more specifically, an even better version of this concept) Help me showcase how cool and effective this concept was.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jake

---
Jake McKee