 General / 47482
Re: Request for Feedback - focused thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 17:32:29 GMT

Jake-

I wrote a reply addressing my general response to ordinary bricks in which I failed to mention track and baseplates.

Maybe you could solve two track problems at one time: Make runs of old dark gray track and generically bag/box them in sets of 100 or even 500 and sell these to LTCs at an economical price. Let the LTCs resell them via BL or whatevever. When SCLTC did its very first layout, we estimated the value of just the baseplates and track on the modest size layout at $3K. Twenty shows later (and a lot more $$$ spent), we don’t have anywhere near the about of track (or baseplates) we would like.

Regarding baseplates, put a 16 x 32 light gray baseplae in each color tub per my previous suggestion for Basic and Accessory tubs in dk gray, lt gray, and brown.

-Ted