 LEGO Company / 1563
Re: Request for Feedback - focused thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 17:10:35 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
Wow, what a crazy couple of days! 250 posts on a thread I started. I'm not
sure where to feel shamed or proud. (I know, I know, all I should feel these
days is shame)

Since my fireproof suit is beginning to strain under the pressure, I'm going
to ask for some very specific feedback in this post. As much as many of you
don't think I/we are listening, understanding, or "getting it", we really
really are. And if not, there is 250+ posts of information I can read over!
:) Listening and understanding isn't based on outcome.

[OK, here's what this post is about:]

{In the original post I made a couple of days ago, I mentioned that LEGO has
agreed to find some ways to help make this transition smoother. There has
been some discussion about items that would be important to lock into the old
colors, including some specific parts selections. There has been some
discussion that it's time to move on and focus on building up stocks of the
new colors. }

{I'd love to hear from you what your choice would be, and what parts you
consider "priority" for either solution.}

Please help keep the focus of this post on the request above. I'm not
discounting your opinions, concerns, or thoughts. I'm just trying to keep
this post on track so that we can come away with a solid understanding of
your thoughts on one particular issue.

Jake ¬
---
¬Jake McKee¬
Community Liaison¬
LEGO Community Development

Priority for "old" colors
* Baseplates (all varieties) crater plates if you've got 'em :-)
* Train Track

Priority for "new" color market saturation
* Basic 1 x n plates
* Basic 2 x n plates
* Basic 4 x n plates
* Basic 6 x n plates
* Basic 1 x n bricks
* Basic 2 x n bricks
* Basic 1 x n tiles
* Basic 2 x n tiles
* Basic 1 x n Technic bricks
* Brick 1 x 1 Round
* Brick 1 x 1 with Headlight
* Brick 1 x 2 with Grille
* 33 & 45 degree slopes (standard & inverse)
* Tile 1 x 1 with Clip
* Plate 1 x 1 with Horizontal/Vertical Clip & Lightholder
* 1 x 2 grille tiles
* Wing/wedge plates (all varieties)
* Wedge bricks (all varieties)
* Window 1 x 4 x 5
* Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Sides

These are in no particular order and are not all inclusive. As you can see there
are several general catagories that are developing, mostly centered on the basic
building bricks/plates. I would prefer that all of the bricks above be included
in the old color scheme as well as the new, but I can only leave that decision
up to you.

-Duane