 General / 47159
Re: Color Change - Final Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 15:20:36 GMT

Bad news first - After much discussion and debate internally, the color • change
will stand. There was some good thinking that went into the color change

Jake - get ready for some more griping. I hope you will continue to forward
these gripe emails to the decision makers on this matter.

Yes, this did open new wounds and I'm still astounded that TLC does not get
it.

But I would also be interested in what kind of "good thinking" went into
this. Why did Lego do this? Why take something that has been stable for 25+
years and suddenly change it?

There has to be a better reason than "focus groups, etc." Reasons given up
to now are still not satisfactory.

It comes down to this - my collection and my children's collection of gray
pieces, amassed over 20 years, no longer matches what Lego is producing. We
have a hard enough time finding the right pieces in the right color in the
sets that are currently produced.

Now I have to go to the secondary market for gray and other changed colors.

__This is money that would otherwise be going to purchase new TLC
products.__

And I don't like the hints that other colors may be changed. I purchase sets
for parts. And often I will purchase multiple copies of a set to get  parts
that are complimentary to those I already have in my collection. (Roof
pieces are a good example.)

Why should I purchase new sets if the colors are going to change?

SYSTEM has been broken.

Bryan