 General / 39362
Re: multi-set 'town' images on 1978-79 town instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:58:47 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Kyle Henneberque writes:

These are all of the Town sets with minifigs that use the red cross.  There
are also a few Coast Gaurd sets, or rescue type sets that don't use a cross,
like 6697, 6666, and 1896.  AFIK, these were all of the Town medical sets,
with just the two hospitals.

Hmmm.  I could have sworn I once saw a hospital-type set that was available
briefly around the time of 6666, and with similar colors.  I recall seeing
it in a shelf-mounted catalog at a Service Merchandise in New Hampshire back
in the early 1990's.  If my memory serves, it was a one-story structure not
entirely unlike the Paramedic Unit 6364, but more modern and on a larger
plate.  Unfortunately, Service Merchandise no longer exists.  And my memory
is getting old.  I do remember thinking how it was a set I did not recognize
from other catalogs of the time.

-H.