 General / 32662

Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 05:17:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I had an idea that may help save the fibblesnork.com domain name, if it is
desired (or possible).  The owner is asking $550.00 for the domain name, and
LUGNET now has over 1200 members:

Why not put a call out for everybody to chip in $0.50 in an effort to help
keep our links safe and the fibblesnork name smut free?

Maybe put up a PayPal donation button specifically for the cause, to make
things even easier.  I'm all for putting up a few bucks to cover myself and
a few members that may not have checked the current news here on LUGNET.

Believe me, I almost didn't post this message because I figured it might be
a bit too silly... but heck... I'm 31 and still playing with LEGOs!

Humbly,
Ken Wright

In lugnet.general, Kenneth Wright writes:
I had an idea that may help save the fibblesnork.com domain name, if it is
desired (or possible).  The owner is asking $550.00 for the domain name, and
LUGNET now has over 1200 members:

Why not put a call out for everybody to chip in $0.50 in an effort to help
keep our links safe and the fibblesnork name smut free?

Maybe put up a PayPal donation button specifically for the cause, to make
things even easier.  I'm all for putting up a few bucks to cover myself and
a few members that may not have checked the current news here on LUGNET.

Believe me, I almost didn't post this message because I figured it might be
a bit too silly... but heck... I'm 31 and still playing with LEGOs!

It's kind of extortion to pay the 550 though, isn't it? I mean, Todd let it
lapse for whatever reason, it is true. Would we be encouraging this sort of
thing by paying? (the person who snagged it was no doubt within their rights
but it's still not the sort of behaviour I care to reward)

But I don't think you were silly at all to post this. Rather it was quite
thoughtful and considerate of you to suggest it.

Re: Emergency! Everyone, please read this.