 General / 30608
Re: I'm back... (Clarified! )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 18:43:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richard Noeckel writes:
Thank you so much for providing such a thorough background. I had no idea
that this thread had so much depth.

It does go rather far back, doesn't it??? That's before I ever even heard of
Lugnet!

  Now I kinda feel sorry for this Mr. Moulton. The only reason why he
insulted Judes web-page was because he was harboring feelings of resentment
towards the community from a time when he himself was insulted…kinda tragic.
Jude was only an instrument by which Mr. Moulton could exert his inner
resentment upon. (Wrong place, wrong time scenario.)  And the comments about
Mr. Jessiman were likely created for shock value and to gain attention.
(Childish at best.)

Yeah, that's exactly why I can't figure out what to make of all this, and
why I generally don't directly participate in debates. Not because I don't
have an opinion (although basically I think he had many valid points but
went about expressing them in an unfortunate way), but often people are
saying things just to make each other react, and a lot of those reactions
are out of character. (As you said, some of it seems to be for shock
value... which means emotional responses. I think all of us are capable of
childish things if we're worked up enough, and hardly indicitive of who we
actually are!). Listening to someone when they're angry is usually
completely different from when they're calm.

Thanks again Mark Wilburn, Maybe I'm just an idealist with Pollyannaic
views, but I never though this kinda stuff occurred within our community.
Well, I still have faith in Lugnet and the good people I talk to. Mayhap its
different in .castle, because we’ve got people like Shiri Dori and James
Brown that are perpetually positive and create a good environment of
conversation.

                              Sincerely,

                                                    --==Richard==--

You're quite welcome; as for idealistic and (did you mean pollyannaish?),
well, yes, that's what I thought Lugnet was for. A friendly place to trade
ideas; and while I haven't seen James Brown's posts, I've replied to Shiri
and she is definitely a very positive and friendly person. We've got tons of
people like that (way too many to list!), and I think that's what Todd
intended Lugnet to be for?

Mark W.