 Space / 8848
Re: I'm back... (Could someone clarify?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 01:02:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Richard Noeckel writes:
                   Man this thread is hard to follow!!! • ...
                        --==Richard==--

Well, to the best that I could follow, it goes roughly:

Matthew Moulton made disparaging remarks about someone's teaser
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=3842

People got offended, points were made, things were said, basically a flame
war erupted. What the arguments (that didn't involve "You suck" type
arguments) seemed to roughly revolve around (I think): things people like
/dislike about lugnet and how it's run. My 2 cents on Todd: if you don't
like his rules or whatever, then don't complain that it doesn't suit you.
It's his and Suzanne's site, after all.

On the other hand, if you make suggestions for him to change things, that
can't be too bad, can it?

Somewhere within all that rubbish, some valid points were made on both
sides, and Matthew even apologized to Jude. However, also along the way
other people became incensed (with M&M and each other!) and I think Todd was
basically flooded with requests to ban him. Which then happened.

Why would he be so insensitive in the first place? He explained that he's
this rude to us now (well, then) because the Lugnet community had been rude
to him a long time ago.
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=6609

How is he posting again if he was banned? That's where the identiy thefts
come in. Apparently he's been using other people's id's to post new
messages. Which I can't imagine will sit well with Todd and Suzanne.

Incidentally the offensive link to James Jessiman was removed, you're right.
So it's not as if he can't be reasoned with... so what should I make of MM?
I can't honestly tell. Too much on all sides was said in an emotional state,
and it's really hard to tell how someone normally would act while they're
po'ed. (Just look at road rage).

Hope that summary helps, Richard. Although I'm not making any guarantees how
accurate my take was on all this. That's as much as I could make out. It's
very, very long to read through all of it (spanning multiple threads). Who
would have the time????

Yeah, I realize my 'Summary' is almost as long =p
Mark W.