 General / 2973
Re: T-shirts (was Re: hats)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:16:02 GMT

Hi all,

Are any of you knowledgable of restrictions that would be placed on
including Lego images on a T-shirt?  Can I take a POV rendering of a
spaceship built of Lego, and use it as T-shirt art?  Does any kind of
credit have to be given to Lego?  Does this change if the shirts are
being sold?  Is there a difference between using a model that TLG sold
as a set, and using my own?
Sincerely,
Christopher L. Weeks

(Please correct me if I'm wrong)
As long as you don't include the word LEGO anywhere and use your own
model, no one can prove it is LEGO and not just some arrangement of
polygons that you came up with.  Therefore, it should be perfectly legal!
--Bram