 General / 27361
27360  |  27362
Subject:
Fun with Early Lego Patents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 01:53:25 GMT

Hi:

Maybe every one else has already done this and I'm a little late to the
party (which has happened before!) but I thought it would be cool to
search the internet for early Lego patents. I know everyone has used
the Delphion patent server but that doesent go back all that far. The
USPTO's DB, however, has at least an image of virtually every US patent
granted since 1790. The key is for pre-1976 patents you must know the
patent number

The first US patent granted to Gotfried Kirk Christiansen was 3,005,282
on Oct 24, 1961 for the 2x4 brick.

Also of early interest are:

3034254 -- The sloped roof brick

3234683 -- The Wheel and wheel brick

3236004 -- The 4x4 round turntable

3242610 -- The flexible towbar

3284946 -- The window

3461601 -- The samsonite gear

3464624 -- non-electrical train track

3475851 -- Early winch

3583631 -- Electric train track

3597875 -- Duplo

I tried to save the actual image as a bookmark but that doesnt
work. So to see the early patents start at the USPTO search
page:

http://164.195.100.11/netahtml/srchnum.htm

Then type in the numbers then view the patents. Note that the
USPTO saves these images in TIFF G4 format and, at least for
me, only the Apple Quicktime viewer (as a plugin) can view them.

I hope you think this is a cool is I do

BTW: If anyone can find Danish patent 101,344 online I would appreciate it!
Also if anyone can tell me how to save the viewed images I would
appreciate it even more!

--Jim