 General / 27363
Re: Fun with Early Lego Patents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 02:35:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes writes:

BTW: If anyone can find Danish patent 101,344 online I would appreciate it!
Also if anyone can tell me how to save the viewed images I would
appreciate it even more!

You can save the TIFF images by choosing "View source" on the image page, and
look for the line near the bottom that begins <embed src="...">. Copy the stuff
between the quotes (up to "ImgFormat=tif"), append it to the server URL - in
the case of the 2x4 brick, I get:

http://patimg2.uspto.gov/.DImg?Docid=US003005282&PageNum=1&IDKey=F5655F2796EE&ImgFormat=tif

(Note that this URL probably won't work for you, because the connection ID
(after Key=) is different for each connection.)

Enter this in your browser, and it should display the image full screen. You
can then save it with File | Save as... or whatever your browser uses (remember
to use a .tif or .tiff extension).

Only down side is you have to do this separately with each page, although once
you have the URL for the first page, just substituting each page number after
PageNum= in the URL will get you the rest.

HTH

ROSCO