 General / 25021
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:15:42 GMT

But if I sit down to build something in my living room, Persons A-C can go
#$@! themselves.  None of them get a say in what I build, or how I came upon
the idea of building it.

eric

As long as you are not looking at a photo of my (for sale) work when you sit
down to build it, I don't care.  Go ahead and copy the ideas from my
skyscraper, or my (very old) sketches of the RPO (you'd have to _dig_ to find a
copy, but it is released).  I _don't care_ if you copy them.  Copy _ideas_ from
my 'sets', if you want to.  If you think my door arangement is neat, fine, copy
it.  But, if I see something that bears a _striking_ resemblance to the
_entirety of my work_, I am going to rase a stink.

If you think I don't _know_ that my work owes bits to others, then fine...I
know that there are other trainheads who I have pinched ideas from.  However,
in the same vein, I know others have pinched ideas from me, and I am _not_
worried about someone taking ideas from my models.  I just want my IP to be
respected _with regards to something I sell_.  Is there something wrong with
wanting the letter of the law to be obeyed?

James Powell, Bricksmith
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=JamesP