 General / 25089
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 04:11:51 GMT

As long as you are not looking at a photo of my (for sale) work when you sit
down to build it, I don't care.  Go ahead and copy the ideas from my
skyscraper, or my (very old) sketches of the RPO (you'd have to _dig_ to find a
copy, but it is released).  I _don't care_ if you copy them.  Copy _ideas_ from
my 'sets', if you want to.  If you think my door arangement is neat, fine, copy
it.  But, if I see something that bears a _striking_ resemblance to the
_entirety of my work_, I am going to rase a stink.

James,

This is the most absurd position I have ever heard.  You would get upset
with me if I saw one of your models on the Internet and tried to build it
myself with my own lego bricks, in my own room?

I don't think Lego would particularly care if I tried to build a model I
don't have with the pieces I do have.  Besides, there is not a single legal
precedence you could bring up that would solidify your position.

At least not in the U.S.
Lars