 General / 11683
Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 06:07:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Boen writes:
In lugnet.general, Rachel Kingston writes:
Take my word for it,don't let the very first set your girlfriend builds be a
vehicle of any description, and don't buy her the sets that you want her to
have, offer to take her lego shopping, especially when King Leos castle comes
out, and offer to shout her any set that she wants, (another hint, not for
birthday or xmas, if she is not already into Lego - just as a fun pressie on • a
regular shopping trip)

i concur (not as a woman!.. hehe)... my NLSO looks at my 8880, 8480, 8448, and
my emerging blacktron I collection and just shakes her head... but i bought • the
flying ninja's fortress just cause she thought it looked so cool.. we built it
together.. and the only other sets that she ever comments on in stores are
*always* structures... she even once stated "i like the buildings, i don't
get what's so cool about the other stuff"... so to get your NLSO involved.. • let
her browse... remain open to structures, that's what'll draw her in ;)

You know, that is true.  The first set my wife *noticed* was the Ninja's
Fortress, when I got a second (how can anybody lay siege to the original
model?) she was really impressed!  I took it down and built a Hydronaut base
and she thought it looked cluttered and odd.  True, but I like those darned
sci-fi things, she goes for the true-to-life structures.  Women also like to
be included with the guy's addiction, just pick an avenue that SHE likes (i.e.
let her choose for you).
Luck!
Aaron>maniac@vol.com