 General / 11661
Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 02:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
In lugnet.general, Aaron West writes:

Sorry about your wife!  Just the other day I got a Deep Freeze Defender from • a
auction on ebay (good price too, brand new!) and we put it together that • night
after putting the baby & toddler to bed.  She has not built with Lego since
she was 10!  She thought some of the model was overwhelming, but that is
understandable after a 17 year dark age!  Now she wants to build more.  Get
together a set that you can do together and let her do most of the building,
just pick the parts for the next step out in advance for her.  Have fun.
Aaron>maniac@vol.com

Actually, my wife is a bit more understanding, in fact she is one of my main
lego set finders. She is always ringing me up from stores to say she has come
across set number so and so, at a knockdown price (why else do you think I
gave here that mobile phone?), and always comes back from car boot sales with
some lego finds for me (and any money she has left over I allow her to get her
self some new clothes whilst she is there). (only joking ladies!)

regards
lawrence

My girlfriend is understanding of my habit. She buys me sets that she knows I
need, and lets me know if she sees sales, etc. I tried to get her to build one
for herself so I let her build 7111 SW Droid Fighter. I figured it was a nice,
small, relatively small set. She hated it. She refused to ever build one
again. I haven't quite given up on her yet, though . . . . :)
-Jonathan