 General / *56286 (-20)
Subject:
As long as Imagination and Creativity exist so will Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:31:25 GMT

I prefer to work with LEGO as the quality is guaranteed, if there is a problem I
can easily and quickly solve it by communicating with a company I know will be
happy to help. So, that's why I think LEGO as a brand is so strong and should
remain so for a long while. I enjoy sending in entries on LEGO Ideas, even
though I wish to receive feedback on my ideas.
As long as imagination and creativity exists, and we spread it on Lego Ideas, so
will Lego.

Subject:
Are you also getting sick of LEGO Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:25:55 GMT

But what's the real problem with Lego Ideas??
The majority of project proposals, and those are ugly stuff made by kids. You
certainly can't blame Lego for not rejecting stuff made by their #1 target, and
I don't think they should. But it's the way it is, the vast majority of Lego
Ideas entries are ugly pointless builds (-probably-) made by 10 year olds. I
don't enjoy browsing them but imagine yourself as a 10 year old who's proud of
his build, you don't want to see it rejected because it's crap. Can't TLG find a
solution for this, filter the entries perhaps?

/ebbs

Subject:
WE NEED YOUR HELP FELLOW LEGO FANS!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:55:50 GMT

HEY All,

<3 LEGO <3

We are two flourishing LEGO FANS who have decided to dedicate our Thesis
research to an extensive study of the LEGO user's impressions on the LEGO Ideas
platform and the fan contribution to TLG - basically on all of you!! :)

SO, we would like to ask you 3 brief questions, which will be used as
qualitative data in our thesis.

1. How and why has the LEGO Ideas changed your perception on LEGO?

2. What would it take for you to feel alienated by LEGO in terms of their new
ideas for co-creation? Or can LEGO do no wrong?

3. Would you say that LEGO co-creation with fans have made you more loyal to the
brand? How?

THANK YOU for any comments and responses!

AND if ANY of you would like to help us even more - we would like to set up a
skype-chat / informal interview with you, it will take no more than 10-15
minutes of your time! THANK YOU

Re: Unofficial LEGO/Sets Parts Collectors Guide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2017 13:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote:
Wow...  this place is quiet...

Just to make an announcement.... for those of you who purchased my 2800 page
Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts DVD or online Computer Desktop download (from the
Cloud).

I have good news and bad news.  The good news is that I am in the process of
updating it to the present year (well 2016+).  There have not been any updates
sent out since my 2012 initial 2800 page/73 Chapter version.  However that will
change.  By the end of 2017 the updates will be done... and anyone who had
purchased the DVD (not the smaller CD from 2008)... or the download... when the
updates are done (bringing the total pages to well over 4000), you will be
getting those updates (as a complete download guide) for free. :-)

The bad news is that shortly my guide will be a CLOSED edition for new buyers.
And the reason is because I am working on a massive encyclopedic version of my
guide in book form for a major Asian country, which I am not at liberty to
discuss (yet), except to say it won't be in English unfortunately... and I had
to buy a block of 10 ISBN numbers to get enough titles (not using them all yet)
for a book form of my vast updated guide.  Perhaps it will be translated to
English or other languages later, but it will start out in an Asian language.

If you want an immediate online copy of my guide with free future updates you
have to go to Lugnet Marketplace....
http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=17876

Once the edition is closed, I can only provide upgrades to current owners.

Thanks for all of those who have purchased in the past.  I went thru some rough
patches (not completely out of the woods yet, but things are looking brighter...
both health and financially)... and researching LEGO has kept my sanity.

Cheers and thank you!

Gary Istok

P.S. Many rare items that won't be found elsewhere are going to be in my online
(and book form) LEGO encyclopedic guide....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg

Gary, I'll be looking forward to release of this major update to your guide.
Keep up the great detective work!

Subject:
Unofficial LEGO/Sets Parts Collectors Guide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2017 09:36:16 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Will this app "Legolization" be helpful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 08:48:39 GMT

Hi everyone,

I find an interesting paper in SIGGRAPH Asia conference 2015. It can convert a
3D model to a lego-constructed model and solve the stability problem.

The video and paper can be found in
http://www.cmlab.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~forestking/research/SIGA15-Legolization/

Will this work be helpful to you while designing or building your own lego
models?

Enjoy building!

Jie

Subject:
The LEGO® Star Wars™ Adventure Continues in 2016
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:25:34 GMT

The LEGO® Star Wars™ Adventure Continues in 2016 with Building Sets, Buildable Figures and an Original Television Series

Fan favorites from the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Rebels™ animated series, and an all-new cast of original Star Wars characters to receive LEGO® treatment

NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR -- LEGO Systems, Inc. today announced a robust slate that will drive continued excitement for the LEGO® Star Wars™ product line, the company’s first-ever licensed theme collection that today is a perennial favorite among fans of all ages. From sets based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, to those inspired by a new original animated series, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures to sets based on the upcoming Star Wars: Rogue One film, the 2016 LEGO Star Wars collection is one of the largest and most diverse since its 1999 introduction.

“For more than 16 years, children and kids at heart have recreated the Star Wars story through LEGO play, and this year we will give them even more stories and characters to explore,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president of licensing and entertainment for the LEGO Group. “Our collaboration with Disney and Lucasfilm enables us to bring fun and creative LEGO twists to the Star Wars universe, which is why we’re so thrilled to introduce an original LEGO Star Wars television series this year. New original characters and stories, plus two inspired building sets, will bring fans of all ages even more reasons to build and explore with LEGO Star Wars.”

The LEGO Group is celebrating the Saga in more ways than ever before, showcasing how building with LEGO bricks inspires open-ended creativity and sparks imagination. New building sets offer the chance to create the stories fans know and love while also empowering them to create their own adventures. For the second year running, a line of buildable LEGO figures brings new heroes and villains to life in a unique role-play experience.

LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
To continue inspiring imagination and storytelling, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, an original animated series, will debut later this year on Disney XD. The show’s quirky heroes, the Freemakers, are a family of scavengers who build and sell starships from the scoured debris of space battles strewn throughout the galaxy. When the youngest Freemaker discovers a natural connection to the Force through an ancient artifact, his world turns upside down as he and his family find themselves in an epic struggle against the Empire to restore peace and freedom to the galaxy. Throughout their adventures, the Freemakers explore new worlds, meet new (and familiar) characters, and learn the true value of what it means to be a family. The series combines the excitement, action and adventure of a galaxy far, far away with a dose of brick-building humor for which LEGO content is best known. Two building sets based on the series – Eclipse Fighter™ ($29.99) and StarScavenger™ ($49.99) – launch this summer.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Fans of Star Wars: The Force Awakens can bring scenes and characters from the 2015 blockbuster home with eight new film-inspired building sets. Five are available now, one launches in March and two follow in June. More than 10 characters from the film are represented in minifigure form for the first time through the collection, including First Order Snowtroopers (First Order Snowspeeder), Resistance Troopers (Resistance Trooper Battle Pack), Maz Kanata (Battle on Takodana), Admiral Ackbar and General Leia Organa (Resistance Troop Transporter). Assortment prices range from $9.99-$79.99.

Star Wars Saga
In March, builders can expect seven new building sets based on the original Star Wars Saga. Characters from the Dark Side and Light Side ban together in the Rebel Alliance Battle Pack and Galactic Empire™ Battle Pack, and classic scenes get the brick treatment in the Carbon-Freezing Chamber, Hoth™ Attack and Droid™ Escape Pod sets. Collection prices range from $24.99-$29.99.

Star Wars: Rebels
Five new LEGO construction sets inspired by the Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels, launch in March, and three more follow in June. For a quick build loaded with action and a unique LEGO minifigure, fans can choose from The Ghost™, TIE Advanced Prototype™, Wookiee™ Gunship or AT-DP™ building sets, or they can build Kanan’s Speeder Bike construction toy, complete with three minifigures. Set prices range from $9.99 - $119.99.

Buildable Figures
The debut of Star Wars buildable figures last year continues with six new buildable figures, available now, based on the characters Rey, First Order Stormtrooper, Poe Dameron, Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma. Additional buildable figures will be unveiled throughout the year. Figures range from $19.99-$29.99.

LEGO Assault on Hoth™ Base, set 75098 will Challenge Even the Most Skilled Fan Builders

Experienced builders can recreate the Rebel Force’s Echo Base from Star Wars:

Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back in an unbelievably detailed recreation of one of the most iconic scenes in the original Star Wars trilogy. The 2,144-piece building set inspires fans to build their own scouting missions with the Snowspeeder, armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and get back to base on the speeder bike to help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes. The modular design enables fans to customize their Rebel base configuration, including a Wampa cave and Wampa figure. The set features LEGO minifigure versions of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, and more. Available May 1 for $249.99.

About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA, London, UK., Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO® brick, it is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials.

Guided by the company spirit: “Only the best is good enough”, the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.

For more news from the LEGO Group, information about our financial performance and responsibility engagement, please visit http://www.LEGO.com/aboutus.

LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, the brick and knob configuration are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 the LEGO Group.

STAR WARS, Star Wars: Rebels and related character names are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates.

©2016. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.

SOURCE LEGO Systems, Inc.

Prnewswire.com

Subject:
LEGO® Star Wars UCS Assault on Hoth set 75098
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:16:59 GMT

LEGO® Star Wars UCS Assault on Hoth set 75098

LEGO Assault on Hoth™ Base will Challenge Even the Most Skilled Fan Builders

Experienced builders can recreate the Rebel Force’s Echo Base from Star Wars:

Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back in an unbelievably detailed recreation of one of the most iconic scenes in the original Star Wars trilogy. The 2,144-piece building set inspires fans to build their own scouting missions with the Snowspeeder, armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and get back to base on the speeder bike to help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes.

The modular design enables fans to customize their Rebel base configuration, including a Wampa cave and Wampa figure. The set features LEGO minifigure versions of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, and more.

•2,144 pieces
•Available May 1, 2016 for $249.99.

Source: LEGO Systems, Inc. announced at NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR.

Subject:
LEGO Systems Inc. Unveils New Products, at New York ToyFair 2016
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 2016 22:02:31 GMT

LEGO Systems Unveils Hundreds of New Building Sets to Spark Creative Play for Builders of All Ages and Interests

NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGO Systems, Inc. will showcase its collection of new building sets over 300 new products at this week’s North American International Toy Fair. Among the new offerings is LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™, a new original LEGO property that depicts a medieval kingdom set in a futuristic world. New LEGO products are on display in booth #1635 in Hall 3B of New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center from February 13-16.

“The LEGO system of play empowers children of all ages and interests to be creative, innovative and imaginative by snapping bricks together to bring their ideas to life. Our builders are only limited by their imaginations and we are excited to offer them more sets than ever before to inspire endless hours of creative play,” said Søren Torp Laursen, president, LEGO Systems. “As a classic, creative play experience, we’re energized by the opportunities to keep building our relationships with children and their families in order to invite more children into the LEGO brand and to keep them building during, and even beyond their childhood years.”

Younger Builders (Ages 1½+)
LEGO DUPLO®, with bricks two times the size of a classic LEGO brick, introduces children as young as 18 months to the world of LEGO building. Twenty-eight new DUPLO sets include classic themes such as My First Garden, Little Plane and Baby Animals, along with favorite licensed themes and characters including Disney’s Junior Mickey Mouse Clubhouse™ and Doc McStuffins™. New to the DUPLO line this year is Disney’s Junior Miles from Tomorrowland™. Sets range from $9.99 to $99.99.

Featuring modular pieces and elements, such as walls and archways, plus step-by-step instructions to help young builders gain confidence as they get started, LEGO Juniors is the perfect age-appropriate building experience for builders who are new to classic LEGO bricks. Iconic themes provide a relevant and fun building experience with sets including Police Helicopter Chase and Batman™ & Superman™ vs. Lex Luthor™. Also new for this year is MARVEL™ Ironman vs. Loki and Disney Princess Ariel’s Dolphin Carriage. Sets range from $9.99 to $29.99.

Creative Building (Ages 5+)
LEGO Classic continues, offering a variety of brick collections that foster open-ended building fun such as the new LEGO Creative Building Set for $29.99. LEGO Creator offers vehicles, creatures and structures such as a Super Soarer, Park Animals and Treehouse Adventures, each with 3-in-1 building options, delivering hours of play value. Sets range from $4.99 to $69.99. Advanced builders will love the challenge of new LEGO Technic sets such as Hydroplane Racer and Heavy Lift Helicopter that offer technical elements like gears, beams, pulleys, actuators and pneumatics. Sets range from $12.99 to $279.99.

Themed Building (Ages 5+)
LEGO City puts a build-and-play spotlight on real-life heroes, packed with detailed models, exciting missions and humorous characters. Thirty-four new sets cater to a variety of interests, anchored by four new subthemes: Fire Response, Prisoner Island, Airport and Volcano Exploration, plus new items in the Great Vehicles theme. Sets range from $6.99 to $119.99.

LEGO Friends offers richly detailed building and role play centered on the adventures of five girls who reside in Heartlake City. Twenty-three building sets in new Adventure Camp, Birthday and Amusement Park subthemes, such as Adventure Camp Tree House, Birthday Party and Amusement Park Roller Coaster are complemented by digital and television content that will be introduced throughout the year. Sets range from $4.99 to $99.99.

LEGO Speed Champions lets builders create some of the fastest and most popular supercars in the world, such as the Ford Mustang GT, Audi R8 and Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Sets range from $14.99 to $69.99.

The second chapter of LEGO Elves features heroine Emily’s return to the enchanted town of Elvendale to help her friends, the magical elves, save the majestic baby dragons and return them to their mother. Ten new sets, with accompanying digital content throughout the year, offer builders fantasy role-play and story starters including Elvendale School of Dragons, Fire Dragon’s Lava Cave and The Secret Market Place. Sets range from $9.99 to $99.99.

The LEGO NINJAGO™ saga continues with new television episodes on Cartoon Network and 16 new building sets loaded with features and functions to provide hours of building and role play fun, including Ninja Bike Chase, The Lighthouse Seige, and Misfortune’s Keep, available in March. Sets range from $9.99 to $119.99.

LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™ is the newest original LEGO property that follows five young, brave knights who ‘download’ special powers to their shields in order to battle the royal court’s evil Jestro and a cast of monsters to restore peace. The story comes to life through 28 new LEGO sets such as Clay’s Rumble Blade and The Fortrex. An episodic television series on Cartoon Network and a digital gaming app that integrates with the products and television show fuel story-driven gameplay. Sets range from $9.99 to $119.99.

Licensed Building – The Walt Disney Company (Ages 5+)
Eight new LEGO Disney Princess™ sets encourage children to build with timeless characters like Ariel and Jasmine or new favorites from Disney’s Frozen – Anna and Elsa found in Arendelle Castle Celebration. Sets range from $12.99 to $54.99.

LEGO MARVEL™ Super Heroes brings characters from comic books and new movie releases to LEGO brick form, including sets corresponding with the 2016 theatrical release of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War and a new collection of sets based on Ultimate Spider-Man™. New this year are collectible MARVEL Mighty Micros, each containing a Super Hero and a villain plus their vehicles such as Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin. Sets range from $12.99 to $119.99.

LEGO Star Wars™ adds 25 new sets in 2016 to the best-selling building collection. Sets are inspired by classic Star Wars films, the all new animated television series LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures and the animated television show Star Wars Rebels, as well as the 2015 blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus scenes from the highly anticipated Star Wars: Rogue One film, ranging in price from $9.99 to $149.99. Continuing for the second year is a line of buildable figures for ages 6+ featuring iconic Star Wars characters, including Rey, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma, providing a different kind of building experience and new play possibilities. Sets range from $19.99 to $34.99.

Licensed Building (Ages 5+)
Favorite DC Comics Super Heroes mark their 5th year in LEGO form in a new collection of building sets. LEGO DC Comics™ Super Heroes introduces three new Batman™ products, plus three new sets tied to Warner Bros. Pictures’ highly anticipated new action adventure feature film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice™ coming to theatres on March 25, 2016. New this year are collectible Mighty Micros which each contain a DC Comics Super Hero, a DC Comics Super-Villain and their vehicles to provide opportunities for children to build and play with their beloved DC Comics characters in micro scale. Sets range from $9.99 to $79.99

New LEGO The Angry Birds™ Movie line brings Red and his friends to life in hilarious and action-packed building sets inspired by The Angry Birds Movie. Six sets, including Piggy Pirate Ship and King Pig’s Castle, feature special launching functions to inspire hours of play. Sets range from $12.99 to $89.99.

Building adventures of LEGO Minecraft continue to bring the creative possibilities of the hit virtual game to physical play. Five sets feature key moments and worlds from the game and include iconic characters and items true to the game’s universe. Sets range from $19.99 to $109.99 and include key biomes such as The Jungle Tree House and The Fortress.

Constraction (Ages 6+)
The original constructible LEGO action figure line, LEGO BIONICLE®, features 17 new building sets ranging from $9.99 to $24.99, including Unamarak the Hunter, Tahu Uniter of Fire and Pohatu Uniter of Stone.

Collectibles (Ages 5+)
LEGO Minifigures™ allow LEGO fans to collect and build their own minifigure population with 50 never-before-seen LEGO Minifigures debuting in three waves this year. Mystery packaging includes one figure each for $3.99.

The mini character building of LEGO MIXELS inspires creativity, imagination and hours of fun along the way. With three new series premiering this February, June and October, fans can collect 27 characters from the Mixels content seen on Cartoon Network. Sets are $4.99 each.

LEGO Architecture celebrates the past, present and future of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick. Each set contains a book featuring step-by-step building instructions along with history, information and photos of the world’s most iconic structures. All new Architecture city skylines feature the iconic buildings and landmarks of metropolises such as Berlin, New York City and Venice. Sets range from $29.99 to $59.99.

Through the online LEGO Ideas community, fans may propose their original designs to become new LEGO sets and then vote for their favorites. Each year, several submissions are approved, produced and sold as official LEGO sets. Available in April, LEGO Maze ($69.99) lets fans build, customize and play a maze game.

LEGO Exclusives, available through shop.LEGO.com and LEGO Stores, give skilled builders a more challenging and complex building experience, such as the new LEGO Ghostbusters™ Firehouse Headquarters ($349) and LEGO Brick Bank ($169.99).

About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA, London, UK., Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO® brick, it is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials.

Guided by the company spirit: “Only the best is good enough”, the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.

For more news from the LEGO Group, information about our financial performance and responsibility engagement, please visit http://www.LEGO.com/aboutus.

LEGO, the LEGO logo, DUPLO, MINDSTORMS, BIONICLE, NINJAGO, the Minifigure, and the brick and knob configuration are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 the LEGO Group.

© 2016 MARVEL

STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.

DC Universe and all related characters are elements or trademarks of and © 2016 DC Comics. (s15)

© 2016 Mojang AB and Mojang Synergies AB. MINECRAFT is a trademark or registered trademark of Mojang Synergies AB.

Chevrolet, Corvette, Corvette Z06, all related emblems, and vehicle body designs are General Motors Trademarks used under license to the LEGO Group.

Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress used under license to the LEGO Group.

Officially Licensed by AUDI AG.

© 2016 Rovio Animation Ltd. Angry Birds and all related properties, titles, logos and characters are trademarks of Rovio Entertainment Ltd and Rovio Animation Ltd and are used with permission. All Rights Reserved.

© 200Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.

SOURCE LEGO Systems, Inc.

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGO set 76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.fun, lugnet.licensed, lugnet.licensed.batman
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:32:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO DC Comics SUPER HEROES set 76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series

Ages 14+. 2,526 pieces.

Prices: US $269.99 - CA $329.99 - DE 249.99€ - UK £229.99 – DK 2499.00 DKK

Drive the villains out from Batman’s Batcave!

Help Batman™ and Robin™ to drive the villain intruders from the Batcave, featuring a Bat Lab with Batcomputer, plus the Batmobile with stud shooters, Batcopter with flick missiles and the Batcycle. This special model, based on the classic 1960s TV show, also has a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Before spiraling down the Batpoles into the Batcave, change identity from Bruce Wayne™ and Dick Grayson™ into Batman and Robin (separate minifigures included).

• Includes 9 minifigures: Batman™, Robin™, Bruce Wayne™, Dick Grayson™, Alfred Pennyworth™, The Joker™, Catwoman™, The Riddler™ and The Penguin™.

• This LEGO® model of the Batcave as seen in the classic 1960s TV series features 2 Batpoles for Batman™ and Robin™ to slide down, a selection of Bat-gadgets, helipad, plus a Batmobile and Batcopter.

• The Wayne Manor section of the model features Bruce Wayne’s study with the iconic Batphone, a hinged Shakespeare bust with secret button underneath, sliding false bookcase to access the Batpoles, and assorted elements including decorated wallpaper bricks, wall lamps, framed portraits, a framed fish and trophies. It also includes an exterior wall for climbing, with an opening roof for easy access to the Batpoles and an aerial element.

• The Batcave incorporates a hi-tech, 2-floor Bat Lab with Batcomputer element and a variety of detachable accessory elements, including a lie detector machine, table, chest of drawers, Bat-gadgets and test tubes with translucent elements. Also includes the iconic Batcave entrance for the Batmobile and a helipad for the Batcopter.

• The Batmobile features a dual cockpit with iconic Batphone, 2 stud shooters, an opening trunk, dual exhaust and sign stickers.

• The Batcopter has an opening cockpit for a minifigure, bat-inspired wings with 2 flick missiles, spinning rotors and a spinning propeller. A villain minifigure can grab onto the back of the Batcopter for more aerial battle action.

• The Batcycle features a driver’s seat for Batman™, translucent headlight element and a sidecar for Robin™.

• Also includes a cat.

• Weapons include The Joker’s TNT, Catwoman’s whip, The Riddler’s TNT and The Penguin’s umbrella.

• Accessory elements include Batman’s 3 Batarangs, rope, grappling hook and handcuffs.

• Includes separate minifigures for Batman™ and Robin’s alter-egos, so enter the secret doorway as Bruce and Dick, and slide down the Batpoles as LEGO® DC Super Heroes!

• Batcave measures over 18” (46cm) high, 22” (56cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
• Batmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
• Batcopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
• Batcycle measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.

Available for LEGO VIP members early on February 15-29, 2016 and to the general public on March 1, 2016.

LEGO Channel Video: Batcave Designer YouTube.com

Source: LEGO

-end of report-

Subject:
Egon Zehnder in interview with LEGO CEO Jørgen Knudstorp
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2016 18:39:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Egon Zehnder in interview with LEGO CEO Jørgen Knudstorp

The LEGO Group, the world’s most renowned toy company and arguably the world’s most famous brand, has been providing children with a source of fun and wonder for 83 years now. Founded by a Danish carpenter in the midst of the Great Depression, the company has gone from manufacturing wooden toys to producing a whole array of plastic construction toys, based on the famous interlocking bricks. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp, CEO since 2004, talks with THE FOCUS about the family-owned business, the soul of the company and his own unique personal trajectory.

THE FOCUS: Under your leadership, over the past decade the LEGO Group has gone from the brink of insolvency to being the world’s most successful toy company, with record sales and profits. Only yesterday, your company announced 15 percent global sales growth year-on-year (DKK 28.6 billion). How do you feel about this?

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp: I feel very proud and also very privileged. I don’t think many CEOs get ten consecutive years of pure organic growth. I also feel extremely humble because this shows us the global strength and appeal of the brand.

What’s the secret x factor?

I think the x factor relates to the fundamental question of “Why do we exist?” Too many companies have a poor answer for that, or, at best, a complex one. The LEGO Group has a very simple answer. We strongly believe that play is vital for a child’s development, just as food, love and good health are. So we exist to make a material that no one else can make so well, something that sticks firmly together but is pliable enough for a two-year-old to take apart. And we’ve transformed this very simple idea into an integrated global business system and optimized it.

How do you resist complacency to keep your corporate culture alive?

Every year we throw away the trophies, we throw away any sense of self-congratulation, and we start all over again. We ask ourselves: “How can we make the LEGO playing material we put in children’s hands even more exciting?” The answer to that is by re-inventing ourselves every year and then executing the system again.

I feel a huge urgency to constantly be raising our game. One way of doing that is to focus less on our financial performance and more on how motivated and creative our employees feel and, of course, how our retail customers feel. To what extent are children putting our products at the top of their wish lists and talking to their friends about playing with LEGO? Which leads us to a broader question: “What kind of reputation do we have? Are we a trusted company?” Because if we are trusted by the public, children recommend our products to other children, and our employees feel engaged, we are sure to succeed. So it’s by thinking in these terms that we remove the complacency and keep our corporate culture alive.

When you assumed the position of CEO in very difficult times, you said that the LEGO Group had lost its soul. What exactly had been lost and how would you describe the soul of the company today?

There are several different elements. One of them I already mentioned – the belief in play as a vital part of a child’s development. Then we have an owner who says: “What I really care about is the product – and children’s development.” So while we need to make money, the LEGO Group has a deeper purpose than that. Our purpose is to make a difference in children’s lives by giving them wonderful play experiences, and bringing this experience to every child on the planet. Money is like oxygen to a body, but none of us sit in this room to breathe the air; we sit in this room to fulfill a purpose with our lives. Making money is the entry ticket to fulfilling that purpose. In the past we had “religious” people, if you like, who believed in the purpose of what we did, but we also had “realists” who saw this purely as a business. I wanted to combine the two in individuals – people who could succeed in the marketplace and also reflect the spirit, purpose and energy of the company. This goes to the soul of our company.

“The job defines my life. I have my family at home and my family here at LEGO, and that’s where I spend all my time.”

So maybe the soul of your company reflects the sense of wonder that comes naturally to children …

We know from neuroscience that children are naturally curious, creative and imaginative, attributes we tend to lose as adults. So we teach children essential skills like executive functioning – how to manage themselves and their resources – and spatial awareness. We help them learn to think systematically, scientifically and with a sense of structure. That’s why Google’s co-founder Larry Page said that LEGO bricks constituted the most important technology he’d ever encountered. By learning to build anything out of a simple material, children can combine rightbrain creativity, storytelling and design thinking with left-brain scientific structure and logical analysis. For me that’s where the soul of the company begins.

How has the identity of the LEGO Group changed over the past ten years?

It has changed a lot. We used to be seen as a bit of a basket case. Our competitors were ten years ahead of us. Now we’ve passed them. We’ve redefined the industry benchmark by learning, in part, from other industries. Globalization and digitization have fundamentally changed the face of business and of the LEGO Group in particular. We have taken a very global approach to branding, product, processes, operations and HR, so that we’re now the most trusted brand in North America and the number two in Europe. Also the issue of responsibility and sustainability has helped shape us, because this is intrinsically related to trust and authenticity. When I look back at those crisis years I think it was actually our failure to globalize and digitize fast enough that held us back. In our own industry we are now leading the way in both digitization and globalization.

How does digitization fit in with your back-to-basics focus on the brick as the LEGO Group’s premium product?

It is still all about the brick. If the LEGO Group defines itself as a purely digital player, then we’re just another fish in the ocean. But if we can combine bricks and digitization in new ways, that’s what we will do – uniquely.

The combination of physical and digital play has been tried in the past without much success. What makes you think it can succeed?

The vital question here is: Do children want to play physically in the future? I’m one hundred percent convinced they do. If human beings don’t move about, their brains simply stop growing. Children can’t sit still in school because their brains are telling them to move. In terms of the purely digital space we know now that the most successful and popular online game ever created is a game where people appear to be building with LEGO bricks. So is there a meaningful combination here? I think there is. Gutenberg helped establish a revolution 600 years ago with the printing press. Today, it’s all about creative coding, which is not unlike building with LEGO bricks. And the LEGO Group is helping to pioneer systems that allow people to view coding as putting bricks together on a screen.

How do you ensure that your 14,000 employees on three continents share the same passion for education and play?

As companies like ours continue to penetrate global markets we face a fundamental choice: Either we stay together as an integrated and unified whole or we divisionalize. We wanted to stay together as one company because we think we are one of those brands like Apple or Audi, where the product is much the same in every geography. We’re not trying to be the best local competitor, rather the best global competitor. That’s the fundamental strategic choice and from that choice follows an organizational model of global integration. This requires leaders who can think like CEOs at the top level, because they need to see the full context. They don’t just manage their piece of their world. They see that they’re part of a whole.

What qualities do you look for in your leaders to take you in this direction?

They need to understand that they work in a system with very high interdependency. So, if you as an individual seek to be independent, you’ll struggle in this system because you’re highly dependent and you need to recognize that interdependency and thrive on it. So you need to be a person who values synergy. You need to be able to listen to others and integrate their perspectives, but also to be confident enough to state your own position. You need to be what some people call an integrative thinker. It’s a very tough call for a leader who may be accustomed to a different system.

What are the non-negotiable parts of your organizational culture?

What is non-negotiable is people who are willing to deal with the complexities of globalization and the interdependencies that follow from that. They need to be collaborative. They need to stick together as a group. They need to be willing to scale fast and be adaptable, because that’s how this company survives. And last but not least they must live the LEGO culture and spirit through their everyday working lives.

In building the LEGO Group of the future, how does diversity help deliver on your objectives?

Diversity is extremely important for two reasons: One is seeking globalization while having our roots and culture firmly based in Denmark. Because obviously if you want to succeed in a number of countries where you don’t understand the culture, you don’t speak the language, you can’t read the newspapers or the Internet, then you need more diversity in the workforce. But also when you run a coherent integrated system you need to respect functional diversity where no function is more important than any other. A professor of globalization at IMD once told me that “the most difficult diversity to introduce in any leadership is gender diversity, and if you succeed with gender diversity, it is also easier to handle other types of diversity.” So we’ve worked very hard on that over the last three years and we’ve actually made very good progress. If you want this system of integrative thinking to work, you need to be able to see things differently so you can synergize.

“If you come in as a non-family CEO and you’re not willing to listen, you will get into trouble fast.”

The LEGO Group is still family-owned. Family firms seem to be characterized by a powerful corporate ethos, a “family gravity” that can make life hard for a non-family CEO. How do you deal with that?

Family firms potentially have special advantages that relate to the authenticity of their value statement. Because when you have an owner who is active, everybody knows that what the owner wants is what really matters. You speak with more authenticity as an owner. So when I talk to my staff I often liken our situation to Denmark where we have purportedly the oldest monarchy in the world, but a constitutionally elected government as well. The King and Queen are the owners, whereas governments come and go.

To take up that metaphor, do the monarchy and the people have faith in their elected government?

In my case I think I was chosen for the job because our fundamental values align very well. I’ve become like a spokesperson for the family and sometimes join with the family to articulate where the future of the family ownership lies. So it’s a very symbiotic relationship. And that’s what I think you need to buy into as CEO of a family-owned business, the fact that families are not ordinary shareholders. They are not always primarily concerned with the traditional notion of shareholder value. What really matters might not be a financial question, it might be other less tangible things. So if you come in as a nonfamily CEO and you’re not willing to listen, or you come in saying: “Well, I’ve read the book of good corporate governance and I want to be independent from the dominant shareholder,” you will get into trouble fast. If, on the other hand, you can enter a dialogue with – or even challenge – the owning family, while at the same time being a good representative for the company, which is what the owners want, then you can have a wonderful interaction and leverage a lot of advantages from family ownership.

You spoke earlier about purpose as a core asset of the LEGO Group. How much of this is due to being a familyowned company?

I think there’s a unique spirit here thanks to family ownership, not least because of the long-term approach this implies. In our case, the family continues to be willing to take a very long-term view on certain decisions. Their view is: “Well, if we need to invest in something because we believe it’s essential for our long-term future, we will just do it because we think it is the right thing to do.”

What is also important in a family-owned company is to respect the elected management team and in my case, again, I’ve been extremely fortunate that I took over from a family member – Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen – who was secure enough in himself not to spend the next ten years of his life trying to argue why he didn’t do anything wrong. Quite the opposite. He called me only last night, exuberant, saying: “Congratulations on everything you have achieved.” And I’m thinking: “It’s actually of your making. You invented the whole thing.”

So that is also something a family owner needs to think about: How do they give the team that they bring in the room they need to actually run the business in the best possible way? It’s delicate but I think in our case we’ve landed in a very good place.

You’ve been CEO for ten years. How do you stay motivated?

For me the motivation most days is that I’m thinking: “I should pay to be in this job.” There are so many fun moments with fans and children, plus I love the global aspect of the job – meeting people from many different cultures, going deep into China, for example, and visiting a household to see how it plays. That’s just supermotivating. The intellectual, organizational and leadership challenge is huge. But it’s also my relationship with the owner. I don’t waste a second of my day thinking about whether I’m trusted. I don’t feel that people are suspicious of me. I feel like I have a genuine personal relationship with all of my reports. I just brought in some new members in my management team and some younger people who help us function on a daily basis. They’ve come from other big global corporations, and they say: “Wow, I’ve never seen a management team that works together like this. It looks like you’re friends!” And that just makes for a tremendously satisfying daily personal environment.

And how have you changed personally over the past decade?

I think I’ve grown up in this job. There were a lot of things I was naive about and didn’t see when I first arrived. I also realize how much of a life-choice this has been. When I started I was thinking: “I’ll be lucky if I survive here for three years, but I’ll learn a lot; then I’ll work out what to do with the rest of my life.” Now, of course, the job defines my life. This is what I’ll be known for. It has certain consequences in terms of what you can – and what you cannot – do. I have my family at home and my family here at the LEGO Group, and that’s where I spend all my time. So don’t talk to me about soccer results or playing golf because I don’t have any outside hobbies. There’s just no time. And that has changed me, because that is not where I thought I would be at the age of 46.

The next question has to be: Where did you think you would be at the age of 46?

(Laughs) I had many crazy dreams. When I was a child or a young man, I wanted to be an astronaut, and I famously said to my family: “If I can be the first to go to Jupiter and never return, I’ll do it!” Then I wanted to become a movie director because I love movies. And when I finally left university almost at the age of 30, I wanted to pursue an academic career. I loved the learning, the intellectual curiosity, and I loved teaching. Students would crowd my lectures and seek me out. I still hear from many of them and the careers they pursued afterwards. And then I went into management consulting and found out that I was not an analyst, I was a people leader. So I ended up at the LEGO Group – because I loved playing with LEGO as a child – and here I found out I was a business leader. So if you ask me about discovering your purpose in life, I’d say you don’t really know what it is until you’re there.

You’re also known to have recommended the work of the Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard to your students. What were the key lessons?

Well, there are many. For example I spoke about his insight that if you think you haven’t chosen a path, you already have chosen a path. I believe that’s one of the big things – that not making a choice is also making a choice and you’d better be very conscious of that.

Kierkegaard also spoke about three stages of human existence: the aesthetic stage, the ethical stage and the religious stage. The aesthetic stage is not about being aesthetic, it’s about pursuing pleasure and avoiding commitment. It’s about being hedonistic, egotistical and fragmented. The aesthetic stage then gives way to the ethical stage, which is about sense of duty, of working for family and society, of making firm commitments and showing a capacity for self-examination. The religious stage is about faith in one’s true purpose and a response to a higher calling, to God if you like. I think when you look at a business, or you look at a person, we can modernize Kierkegaard a little and speak of four dimensions: The physical, the social, the mental, and the spiritual.

How do these dimensions relate to the world of business? What were you trying to tell your students?

For a company the physical is – in Kierkegaard’s terms – the aesthetic: It’s the animal in all of us, the unreflective part, and in a company this is the financial performance. The social dimension in a company is its culture. It’s about the relationships that are fostered within the corporate culture. How we get along with each other? Do we trust each other? Do we speak openly? Do we give each other room? This is very important because this is our family, these are our friends. That’s what Kierkegaard would call your ethical life.

The mental dimension in a company is its capabilities. In a person, it’s your intellectual life: “How do you think about issues?” Finally, the spiritual translates into what Kierkegaard called the religious dimension, which is: “What do you believe in? That’s a company’s purpose. What’s your direction? How do you scrutinize your own actions and take responsibility? What is your higher calling?”

We all have these dimensions inside ourselves and students of business need to see themselves in this multi-dimensional away. If they only see themselves as a finance person they’re not going to be successful in business because they’re not a whole human being.

You talked about making choices that defined you. After ten years as a business leader, what choices will you be making for your own future in the next decade?

I think the journey that the company’s owner and employees are on is so long that the agenda is already set out. Making the LEGO Group a truly global leading player in the business of play, and at the same time integrating and fully digitizing the business system to expand the purpose of the LEGO brick … that’s what I’m going to be doing for the next ten years.

Jørgen Vig Knudstorp

Born in Frederica, Denmark in 1968, Jørgen Vig Knudstorp studied Economics and East Asian Studies at Aarhus University before gaining an MBA in the UK and his doctorate from MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He began his career in 1998 with McKinsey and, three years later, joined the Strategy Department at the LEGO Group. In 2004, at the age of 35, he was appointed CEO of the company. Known for his modesty and playful nature, Knudstorp learnt early on how to listen to children when he worked part-time in a nursery school. Today he has four children aged between 7 and 12, two boys and two girls, whom he describes as his own “personal market research team.”

The LEGO Group

The LEGO Group was founded in 1932 as a manufacturer of wooden toys by Ole Kirk Christiansen, a carpenter from Billund, Denmark. The LEGO brick was first patented in 1958 and caught the imagination of children and adults alike. After 70 years of virtually uninterrupted success, in 2003 the company began to slide towards bankruptcy after trying to ride the growing wave of computer games. In a bold move, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, the grandson of the founder, stepped down in 2004 and appointed Jørgen Vig Knudstorp as the second non-family CEO. Over the ensuing decade, Knudstorp refocused the company on its core business – the colored bricks and the imaginary world they create – resulting in a rapid return to growth. Today the LEGO Group is the world’s second-largest toy company in terms of sales and in 2014 manufactured more than 60 billion LEGO bricks.

Source: Egonzehnder.com 2016 Egon Zehnder International, Inc.

Interview was done in 2015.

-end of report-

Subject:
Lego factories hit brick wall as Christmas worries build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2015 13:59:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO factories hit brick wall as Christmas worries build

Date October 20, 2015.

‘We will not be able to deliver all customers’ orders in the remainder of the year,’ says toy company spokesman, after ‘extraordinary’ surge in demand

Some children may not see their Christmas wishes fulfilled this year, as LEGO’s factories, although running at full speed, may not be able to make enough plastic bricks to keep up with the demand from Europe’s toy stores.

The Danish company has become the world’s largest toymaker by sales, overtaking Mattel, the US manufacturer whose toys include Barbie dolls.

LEGO’s success is thanks partly to toys linked to movies, including The LEGO Movie. But difficulties in forecasting demand accurately means some orders may not be filled on time.

“We will not be able to deliver all of the orders coming from customers in the remainder of the year,” said spokesman for LEGO, Roar Trangbaek. He did not specify which lines of toys or which countries would be affected.

Trangbaek said the company would be able to deliver the orders it had already received but may have trouble filling new orders later this year.

“It is really extraordinary and it has exceeded both ours and our customers’ forecasts,” Trangbaek said when asked why the company had not foreseen the surge in demand.

The Danish company’s sales grew by 18% in the first half of this year to 14bn Danish crowns (£1.36bn), putting it ahead of Mattel and Monopoly-board maker Hasbro, whose revenues came in at $1.9bn (£1.23bn) and $1.5bn respectively.

“We are running our factories at maximum capacity and will do everything we can to meet demand,” Trangbaek said.

The unlisted company, owned by the family of founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen, invested more than 3bn crowns in plants and equipment last year to manufacture more toys. Before Christmas last year, there were some shortages in some countries including Denmark and Canada.

The company is building a factory in Jiaxing, China, 100km from Shanghai, which is expected to be up and running in 2017 and should go on to produce most of the Lego toys for Asia. LEGO already has factories in Denmark, Hungary, Czech Republic and Mexico.

TheGuardian.com

-end of report-

Re: DONG Energy, the LEGO Group & William Demant Celebrate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, “Abner” amf70@aol.com wrote:
   DONG Energy, the LEGO Group and William Demant Celebrate the Inauguration of BorkumRiffgrund 1 Offshore Wind Farm in Germany

NORDDEICH, Germany, October 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

With great excitement, the three partners: DONG Energy, the LEGO Group and William Demant, celebrate the inauguration of the offshore wind farm BorkumRiffgrund 1 which can provide clean electricity for 320,000 households.

The joint announcement by top management from DONG Energy, market leader in planning, constructing and operating offshore wind farms, the LEGO Group (KIRKBI A/S), makers of the iconic LEGO® brick, and William Demant, specialists in personal hearing aid products, is made in the presence of His Royal Highness, Prince Joachim of Denmark, who officially opens the wind farm.

Thomas Thune Andersen, Chairman of the Board of Directors of DONG Energy, welcomes the guests in Norden-Norddeich, located in the Northwest of Germany, from where the wind farm will be operated:

“BorkumRiffgrund 1 is our first operational project in Germany and I’m very satisfied with the fact that we can now harvest the fruits of the investment we have put into this project. I’m also very pleased with the confidence that our joint venture partners have shown us by investing in this project.

Our journey in Germany is far from over: We are currently building another two offshore wind projects and have a number of other projects in our pipeline that will allow us to demonstrate the skills and competences we have gained and will allow us to continue to show the trust we have in the German offshore wind market.”

Renewable energy for 320,000 German households

With a nominal power per turbine of 4.0 MW, the 78 wind turbines will produce enough environmentally friendly electricity to supply 320,000 German households each year. The planning of the offshore wind farm BorkumRiffgrund 1 began with the final investment decision in 2011. In August 2013, the construction of the wind farm started with the installation of the offshore substation, which is the heart of the wind farm.

The wind farm is located 37 kilometres north of the German island Borkum and 54 kilometres from the German coast. The 78 wind turbines have a total nominal power of 312 MW. Thus, BorkumRiffgrund 1 contributes considerably to the aim of the German government to install a total of 6.5 GW of offshore wind energy until the year 2020. Almost 3 GW have been installed in the German North and Baltic Sea so far.

Source: DONG Energy Deutschland

Prnewswire.com

-end of report-

From The LEGO Group and DONG Energy. Video link: The LEGO Group

Subject:
DONG Energy, the LEGO Group & William Demant Celebrate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:10:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

[...]

Subject:
LEGO Creator Modular Brick Bank Set 10251
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:30:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO Creator Modular Brick Bank set 10251

10251 Brick Bank
Ages 16+. 2,380 pieces.

Price: US $169.99 – CA $219.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £119.99 – DK 1399.00 DKK

• Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Make a safe deposit at the Brick Bank!

Make a secure deposit at the highly respected Brick Bank, featuring an array of intricate details and hidden surprises. Easy-to-remove building sections provide access to the detailed interior, comprising a bank with an atrium foyer, tiled floor, arched windows, ornate chandelier, lockable vault and a transaction counter with security glass; a laundromat with printed window, tiled floor and 4 laundry machines; plus 2 second-floor offices with an array of detailed furniture, fixtures and accessories. The exterior of the building features a detailed sidewalk and an elaborate façade with carving and statue décor, decorative roofline, large arched windows, central balcony, clock and an accessible roof terrace featuring a large skylight.

• Includes 5 minifigures: a bank manager, secretary, teller, and a mom and child.

• The Brick Bank features a bank, secretary’s office, bank manager’s office, laundromat and a detailed façade and sidewalk.

• Bank features an atrium foyer with wide, arched entrance, triangular-patterned floor tiling, ornate chandelier, oxidized-copper colored skylight, transaction counter with hidden alarm buttons and security glass, and a bank vault with safe deposit boxes and a large round door.

• Laundromat features a printed window, tiled floor and 4 laundry machines.

• Secretary’s office features a wall clock, desk, typewriter, cabinet with opening drawers, fireplace and an espresso machine.

• Bank manager’s office features a large desk with banker’s lamp and approval stamp, leather-look chair, printed portrait, statue and a cabinet.

• Accessory elements include a mug, document, camera, candy, blank white paper, chrome-golden coins, 1 chrome- golden bar and banknotes.

• Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.

• Unlock the bank vault to access the safe deposit boxes.

• Visit the laundromat for a spot of laundering.

• Stack coins with the coin counting machine.

• Special elements include a printed prize check, printed ground-floor windows, a special printed portrait in the bank manager’s office, plus rare, sand-blue and dark-green bricks, and sand-green window frames.

• Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant and 10246 Detective’s Office.

• Brick Bank measures over 10” (26cm) high, 10” (25cm) wide and 10” (25cm) deep.

Available January 2016 released.

Source: The LEGO Group

-end report-

Subject:
More BrickCon 2015 photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2015 23:35:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

It was a blast and, as always, there were so many amazing MOCs!

Album is here:

https://www.facebook.com/todd.s.lehman/albums/10103439858867060

--Todd

Subject:
Europe court rules LEGO figures are 'protected shape'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 21:02:44 GMT

Europe court rules LEGO figures are ‘protected shape’

June 16, 2015. From the European Union (EU) and BBC.com.

The shape of LEGO’s figures (minifigures) is a protected trademark and therefore cannot be copied, an EU court has ruled.

Competitor Best-Lock, who makes similar toys, had challenged LEGO’s attempt to protect the shape of its human figures.

But the appeal was dismissed on Tuesday by the General Court of the European Union.

LEGO, the world’s second biggest toy maker, had registered the “three-dimensional trademark” in 2000.

Best-Lock tried to argue that the shape of LEGO’s little men and women was determined by the fact that they were part of a toy that involved “interlocking building blocks for play purposes”.

This would have made the trademark invalid.

But the EU court ruled that the essential elements of LEGO’s figures had nothing to do with their ability to join them to other building blocks.

Characteristics such as holes in the feet and legs did not obviously have a “technical function”, it said in a statement.

The court therefore upheld LEGO’s registration of the shape as a protected trademark.

This is not the first time that LEGO has been challenged in an EU courtroom.

In 2010, Canadian competitor Mega Bloks won its case and prevented LEGO from registering a red toy building brick as a trademark.

Source: BBC.com

Press release from the General Court of the European Union Curia.Europa.EU

-end of report-

Subject:
Europe court rules LEGO figures are 'protected shape'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 20:46:35 GMT

Europe court rules LEGO figures are ‘protected shape’

June 16, 2015. From European Union (EU) court.

LEGO registered the trademark in 2000 but it has been challenged by it competitors

[...]

Subject:
Europe court rules LEGO figures are 'protected shape'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:41:58 GMT

Europe court rules LEGO figures are ‘protected shape’

June, 16, 2015 from BBC.com and European Union (EU) Court.

[...]

Subject:
LEGO to launch Angry Birds building sets in 2016
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.fun, lugnet.licensed
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 13:46:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO to launch Angry Birds building sets

Rovio has announced a partnership with The LEGO Group to develop a line of Angry Birds construction toys.

The toys will be available in spring 2016 to coincide with the release of The Angry Birds Movie.

Pekka Rantala, chief executive officer of Rovio, commented: “The LEGO brand has an unparalleled ability to connect with people through products that spark creativity and imagination. We’re really excited to build experiences together with this amazing best-in-class partner.”

Jill Wilfert, vice president, licensing and entertainment, The LEGO Group, added: “We are excited to bring Angry Birds to life in LEGO form, given the popularity of the game and its characters with fans of all ages. We seek partnership with globally relevant properties that offer a unique and rewarding play experience to our fans, and our designers are having fun developing building sets that leverage the engaging play and deconstruction found in the Angry Birds game.”

Further details about the collection, available in spring 2016, are yet to be unveiled.

Source: ToyWorldMag.co.uk

-end of report-

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact