 Gaming / BrikWars / 313
Re: BrikWars - Battle Road
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 21:23:03 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Elroy Davis wrote:
   This was our first attempt at using the 2005 squad rules, and was our first game that was based on an actual event.

Now hold on! The Treaty of Versailles wasn’t a real event?

How did the squad rules work out for you guys? I notice you used the word “attempt.”

   Overall, I thought the game was a success. The British acted like British, and the Colonials acted like Minutemen would have. The moral rules seemed to work well.

They’re nice, although I wonder how you could scale them for larger squads. It doesn’t make as much sense to force a check when a squad of 20 guys loses three.

I’d almost want to see something where you toss a big handful of dice, one for each guy in the squad, and let them rout individually and abandon the squad. The number to beat would be however many units had been involuntarily de-squadded on the previous round - whether from routing, getting knocked off the squad plate somehow, or the old-fashioned method of getting killed. That way you could get nice cascade effects of routs that accelerate or decelerate over a series of turns. Rallying difficulty would be handled by forcing any unit attempting to join to make a morale check as well.

   Shaun Sullivan has photos of the game here.

To me, this photo right here is the essence of everything BrikWars is about.