 Gaming / 15
Re: Simple (but fun) Castley Strategy Game(y)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:37:33 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Tony A. Rowe writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Richard Franks writes:
Each soldier was stuck on a 2x4 plate - I was the Army of Darkness, so I had
black of course, and I had quite a few red, so those were the other sides
colour. The plate was used for balance, but also to stick hit-points onto.
For some reason I had a large number of red cylinders (80+) so these were
used to measure hit-points. We were allowed to distribute hitpoints
where-ever we

This is great!  I have been working on a Lego wargame of my own, and one of my
stumbling blocks (no pun intended) was how to keep track of hit points for
figures.  I had been placing my soldiers on plates to keep them in formation
(and to keep them from falling over when on carpet), but I'll have to start
using your simple idea of using red cylinders for hits.  Before, I had simply
used a die set next to the figure.

Glad to help! But in all fairness, it was my friends idea - not mine, so I
can't claim credit for it :) If you want more than just a few HP per figure,
you could use different colours - black equals five red etc. Or something more
intuitive, maybe using same-colour bricks to equal multiple cylinder values?

Richard