 Gaming / 1143
Re: BrikWars at GENCON?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:32:52 GMT

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
news:GzAGEC.LJD@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.fun.gaming, James Seibert writes:

We are traveling on Tuesday to the Lego outlet

Where is that?
The Shops at North Bridge
520 North Michigan Ave
Space #300
Chicago, IL 60610
Basically downtown off of the Dan Ryan Expressway.
I am going to call ahead to see if they have any specials or hard to find
stuff.
You know Lego could make my life easier if they just took the stuff to
Gencon. Bwah ha ha ha ha ha.....ha......ha.............................

The online registration messed up on me, so I have no events as of this
time, so let me know what your schedule might be so I can work around
whatever your schedule you may have at RGG.

I won't know my schedule until I am on site.  Sorry.  But it's flexible so • if
we want to set aside some time, then I'm game (so to speak).  I guess I • prefer
lower tek to higher, but since you're putting the game together, I'll play
whatever. could arrange to bring _some_ stuff too, so let me know.  Are • your
local friends going to be playing?  If there were several people, we could • do a
modular dungeon, space station, city block kind of thing.
Lower tech sounds good. Castle modules would be great. Man I have to get
building. My friends shy away from Lego, they play Warhammer, Five Rings,
Necromunda, D&D, etc. Essentially they buy metal, I buy plastic. I run Lego
Pirate Wars, and Deadlands is a blast since the terrain comes apart.

Is there anyone else from LUGNET going to GENCON?

I would not mind meeting the good people of GMLUG. The PHB sent my co-worker
to training so I have cover until he comes back which means I will miss
BrickFest. Again. Because of work, again. Gencon is the only time this year
that the boss will let me out of the cage and I intend to make the most of
it including sleeping in one day just to be a rebel and going to the
Safehouse.

I know there are other gamers who use Lego, you know who you are so just
de-lurk and join the discussion. We will find you sooner or later anyway.

James

Chris