 Fun / Crafts / *54 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Fountain

(...) Something else to consider (especially if someone is planning to include a water feature in, say, a train layout)...LEGO snaps together tight, but not watertight. You'll need to epoxy the bricks together or seal the whole assembly together (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: LEGO Fountain

(...) Bryan, Since we all love our bricks dearly, these are not stupid questions. (...) First, depending on how much chlorine, you may get some bleaching Also, if there are mineral deposits, they could cause buildup. (test it this way- fill a clear (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: LEGO Fountain

Great, thanks to both of you. Bryan (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: LEGO Fountain

(...) I use blue bricks to support plantpots off my cement balcony, been there several years cold,wet,hot,dry,sun and they still look good. Bit of dirt thats all. DaveG (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: LEGO Fountain

(...) I seriously doubt water would have much deteriorating effect, though you could get a buildup of deposited minerals, and if any algae or other slime started growing in the water, it would coat the bricks. I have left bricks in buckets of soapy (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: LEGO Fountain

Does water seem to have any negative effects on LEGO bricks? I meant to ask this about the snowglobes and forgot but the fountain made me think about it again. Do the bricks fade or deteriorate at all? It probably wouldn't be an issue with the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  LEGO Fountain

Neat, someone on eBay has an item I've considered making, a working LEGO fountain using a standard little bubbling fountain and incorporating a LEGO construction: (URL) been thinking of taking a kit for a build your own fountain (I assume these (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-01, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  LEGO Shelf Railway - Take 2.

I realize that I announced this once before but that was a more limited announcement as the Shelf Railway was not quite complete. Anyway I have now applied the final coat of paint to the shelf that supports our LEGO Shelf Railway and I slightly (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.crafts, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

Great work, it really looks nice. If you find that it is too noisy, you might look into the cork subroadbed that is advertized in the model railroading magazines. I am pretty sure there is one 6 inches wide. Michel Magnan (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

Very nice!!! My brother-in-law was thinking of something similar. I will have to show him yours. "Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:FywFon.EH9@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) a (...) but (...) response. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Thanks for the wonderful response to this both online and off. I have taken several of the questions that have been asked and tried to answer them below. I have also included some of my experiances and insites into this type of project. First (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Nice work. It's neat seeing how many of the Model Railroad "standard tricks" eventually get done in Lego as well. I agree with James, a nice slow running train may be just the thing to lull baby to sleep. So if it's a girl are you going to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Eric, Truly a nice piece of handy work and a great way to bring in the next generation of Lego fan. I thought I'd be 50 before I could justify getting a train. I'm going to show my wife your pictures as soon as I can. My Lego is in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

Very cool indeed Eric!! What's the noise level like? I would think being that close to the ceiling you'd get quite a bit of noise, of course it being a steady sound of the trains running across the tracks could be a good thing. I think that would (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  Re: A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

(...) Hmmm, I wonder if I could do something like that in my apartment.... (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts)

  A real live working LEGO Shelf railway...

Well I am here to announce that I have completed the structural portion of a shelf railway in our soon-to-be baby's nursery. All the details you need are on the web page but rest assured that this is a working and powered LEGO railway not just a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.fun.crafts) !

  (canceled)

  Re: LEGO brick bookends

Hi Jamie, I think I solved the problem ... I found some high fire clay that had dried out but wasn't fired, melted some lead into a place I had carved out. It worked great holding the lead in shape and didnt crack at all. So I am going to make a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

  (canceled)

  Re: LEGO brick bookends

(...) If you go to some Toys R Us stores, they have large hollow plastic bricks for trim in their Lego section. I bet you could find a way to snag one, and use it for a mold. What you fill it with is up to you. (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.fun.crafts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact