 Events / BrickWorld / 339
Re: Brickworld - Train Drag Racing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:36:00 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Q2: "Must be built of LEGO parts in its entirety"?  Is this only for the
locomotive itself, or does this also include the propulsion mechanism
(motor, drive train, power source). Can I use motors from other sources
instead of lego motors?
And, does "pretty much do what ever your heart desires" leave it wide open
for custom electronics, custom motors, custom power sources?  You might want
to mention to people they can't use flammables, rocket motors, or any other
dangerous open flame combustion propulsion!

A: As for the power you can modify any style of Lego's motors from any of
their building systems.  If the motor housing is cut to fit a larger motor
that is fine.  It should bear some resemblance to a Lego part that has been
modified.  An after market engine that is simply glued and screwed to a Lego
part is no good.  If you dare to make a flame combustion propulsion engine
that fits into these parameters that is fine.  You melt my track and we're
going to have issues!  In a nutshell custom motor OK (must resemble a Lego
part), custom electronics OK (must be well hidden), custom power source NO
GO.  I'll provide standard power packs.

So...does this mean that as long as I can fit it all inside of stock LEGO parts,
I can build in machine guns and homing rockets for to destroy the competition
and win by forfeit?