 Events / BrickFest / 406
Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:51:37 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
(Brad's answers to some questions)

<extracted for emphasis>
[train track] Geometry is being examined.

Seriously?!?!?!?  Can you (or someone) elaborate on this?

Wow.  That's it's even being examined enough to mention that it's being
examined is cool.

I have no new info to offer... geometry was mentioned at the january summit
as you know. Think about the tooling costs of something as large as a
turnout, though!

I am.  That's why I'm surprised it's being examined.  I personally wouldn't
expect LEGO to revisit track geometry until the molds reached retirement.
(If they even did so then.)

Hunh.  I'll leave further speculatin' to people more train-savvy, but I
think it's cool that they're even willing to look at the geometry.

James