 Events / BrickFest / 3884
Re: BrickFest™ 2007: Wacky Race
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:41:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events, Dan Sabath wrote:

Oh wow Dan, that sounds like a riot... man, so sad I will miss this one.

   If you have a MOC that is begging to be taken apart, then the wacky race is for you (just put some wheels on it first).

Man, that is my kind of race!

Probably a LOT safer than what I did last years BrickFest... In hindsight I realised just what kind of disaster I could have caused.

I held my floating city (one of my very few space creations) in my hand and asked the “oh so sexy and handsome Derek Schin” (ladies, this is not sarcasm, he is hot... and ummm Derek, if you have a wife or gf, please pass on my apologies for speaking out of turn) to “go long”. As Derek went long, I hurled my MOC, shotput style, at his lovely head. Thankfully he has a good arm (who knew a geek spacer could catch???)....and he gracefully and with a smile caught the main body of the MOC, with all the greebles exploding around. Like I said, in hindsight, not such a good idea, because if the talented one had not caught it, my MOC would have creamed the moonbase display. And as much as I like to tease those guys, I would have felt horrible if anything had happened to any of their MOCs.

So, wacky racers, not only sound like a blast, they also are a way safer option of destroying your work without taking anyone else down with ya! Wink.

Have fun with it.

Janey “Red Brick”