 Events / BrickFest / 3885
Re: BrickFest™ 2007: Wacky Race
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:47:19 GMT

   On Feb 14, 2007, at 2:46 PM, mathew Clayson wrote:

I’m unable to post to lugnet, so I’m replying by Email.

The race sounds like alot of fun.

I was wondering what the rules are for a vehicle that fall apart during it’s run. Or one that spererates into multiple vehicles.

Mathew Clayson

Hi Mathew,

These are good questions. First since this is Wacky race please remember that there are always crazy things happening and the judges have to make on the spot decisions.

Generally if the vehicle breaks apart, then the vehicle distance will be measured to the largest recognizable remaining portion. If the pilot is with that portion then the final score will fall into group 1. If the pilot is not with that portion then scoring will be according to group 2 or 3.

In the second case, where a racer is built to separate, then the vehicle distance will be to the portion with the pilot unless the pilot either falls off or is flung. In that case the vehicle distance will be to the stage that travels farthest while the pilot scoring will fall into either group 2 or 3.

In all cases don’t forget group 4 :)

See you at BrickFest!

Dan