 Events / BrickFest / 3807
Re: BrickFest 2007 location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:25:24 GMT

Hello all,

As a DC area fan, I'm partial to keeping there event here; and in terms of
general improvement every year and a steady attendence on public day it seems to
me to make sense to keep it in the same town every year. That said, if BrickFest
were to relocate, I would do my best to attend and I'm sure I would have fun.

There is a lot of emphasis on this thread on finding a location that as many
people as possible can reach. As much as it is great to see BrickFest growing in
size every year, I'm not sure that more attendees equals better experience
overall. Whether 200 or 400 people attend, I'm likely to have fun regardless.
Whether the overall experience is going to be "awesome" as opposed to "great"
has more to do with the location and organization of the event. Instead of first
and foremost focusing on which city, why not identify what makes for a perfect
venue for the event and then try to seek that out in a range of cities that are
all reasonably accessible between the East Coast and the Midwest.

cheers

Magnus