 Events / BrickFest / 3470
3469  |  3471
Subject:
Which Moonbase will go to BrickFest? YOU decide!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:59:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The LEGO Group in Billund held a challenge to select a designer to go to BrickFest - Five designers took the challenge, which was simple: Build a moonbase module according to the standards set by the Space Community, and seen at this link on Zemi.net - hi Jon!

Each designer built a unique design that will be judged by a fan poll—this poll to be exact!

The five modules are:

1. The Loony Luna Knight:
Reluctant to let go of the past and their traditional ways, the Loony Luna Knights live a simple life of jousting and hunting Jar Jar meat. They reluctantly use only the most basic of technology to help them survive in the harsh realms of space, air tanks and fem bots are as advanced as they like to get. After reading “The Da Vinci Code” the knights traveled into space fo rthe holy grail in hope of proving Dan Brown wrong...5000 years later they are still looking.

2. Command and Defense

3. Squidman Module (and what is a Squidman? See the video here - PG for language)

4. Space Hungry Hippos (and how does this work? See the video here!)

5. Ice Planet Dome

More photos can be seen at poll page.

Vote for the best module by Sunday, July 30 - the winner will be coming to BrickFest, as well as its designer! .

Good luck to the designers!

Joe Meno
Event Coordinator, BrickFest 2006

Many thanks to Jamie Berard of the LEGO Group, Kevin Loch and Dan Boger