 Events / BrickFest / 2438
Re: BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:49:04 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that BrickFest 2004 will beheld on the weekend of
August 13-15th, 2004

Great news and perfect dates!
I'll try to catch a flight either wednesday night or thursday and back exactly a
week later.

As I'm not familiair with Washington DC, what touristic attractions are in the
area that are worth visiting? And any cheap hotel recommendations?
Thanks in advance,
Jan-Albert van Ree

The Smithonian Institude (http://www.si.edu/), come an extra day or two early
just to see it. I am not kidding about the extra time. If you like
science/natural history type museums you'll think you died and when to heaven.

Its about 15 mins by subway from the Brickfest area depending on how close
to the station your hotel is.

There are also many US Historical and Government sites (i.e. the Washington
monument) also and again all easy to get to via subway.