 Education / 260
Re: Look what you can build in twenty minutes!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.edu
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:04:11 GMT

In lugnet.edu, Edward Welsh wrote:
   Perhaps I should elaborate. Last semester, our Calculus III students learned double integration the old-fashioned way. They each built slices out of Lego bricks using instructions I whipped up; when they lined up their slices (with the help of letter tiles), they ended up with the surface defined by z=7+6cos(x^2+y^2). Isn’t that great?

Geez, if my instructor used LEGO to demonstrate integration, I’m sure I wouldn’t have struggled as much in my university math courses...