 Color / * (-5)
Re: New Dark Red???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2012 16:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.color, Brad Hamilton wrote:

So, I’ll have to just consider them slight
   variants of the same color. Luckily, they do not look bad together (and in fact, look a bit like variations in real-world bricks).

It would be interesting to pinpoint when the color changed. I don’t have any pieces except the new ones I can confirm a date for.

Re: New Dark Red???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 14:37:53 GMT

In lugnet.color, Don Rogerson wrote:
   I think it’s a change in the color. TLG announced six new colors with the Friends line, but they were blues, greens and purples.
Hmm - That’s kind of annoying. Your picture shows exactly the same color difference as I’m seeing. So, I’ll have to just consider them slight variants of the same color. Luckily, they do not look bad together (and in fact, look a bit like variations in real-world bricks).

Brad

Re: New Dark Red???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 16:30:57 GMT

Do the new Friends sets have a “different” dark red, and if so, what is it called?

I just compared some recently acquired some dark red 1x2 bricks (from the POB wall at Rockefeller Center) with some plates from an older Star Wars set and the color is slightly but noticeably different - the newer bricks have more of a “sand” tone that is not quite as rich as the older ones.

I think it’s a change in the color. TLG announced six new colors with the Friends line, but they were blues, greens and purples.

Subject:
New Dark Red???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:06:31 GMT

Hi,

Do the new Friends sets have a "different" dark red, and if so, what is it
called?

The new Friends sets advertised many new colors and I noticed that when I got
3061 (City Park Cafe), it had a different dark red color.  It seems to have a
bit more purple in it than the normal dark red.  I assumed this was a new color
and have kept these bricks separate (and they are definitely a different shade
than the old dark red, but you must carefully compare them).

Yesterday, I found loads of 2x4x1 bricks at pick-a-brick (Mission Viejo, CA Lego
store) in this new dark red.  I tested them and they match the ones from the
Friends sets.

I was looking on bricklink to order more plates to go with them, but to my
dismay, I could not find any color differentiation.  I went to bricklink stores
that I new had parted out City Park Cafe's and the plates and tiles from those
sets appeared to be classified as regular "dark red."

Can anyone help?  I want to get more plates that match this new color, but don't
know how to specify them on bricklink, etc.  I hope that this is not simply a
sudden change in the official "dark red" color.

Brad

Re: TLG needs to know what colors are missing in existing elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 03:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Abner Finley wrote:
   I am just ‘reposting’ this from Eurobricks website. I think this would be helpful for all us as AFOL’s.

An example:
Part No: 50746
Name: Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3
New color: brick-yellow (tan)

For requests for the same part in multiple colors, I daisy-chained the color numbers and their respective names to avoid an excessively long message. Is that OK? If not, I’ll submit my “excessively-long, non-daisy-chained” version.

Give it a series of daisy-chained Splats, each a diff color

Some of these items have been released in the requested part-color combo before, but are hard to come by today, so I’m basically asking TLG to re-release those, like the first item below.

Part No: 4215 (Or 60581 if 4215 has been discontinued)
Name: Panel 1x4x3
New color: 23 (bright blue)

Part No: 50746
Name: Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3
New color: 5 (brick-yellow)

Part No: 59349
Name: Panel 1x6x5
New colors: 49 (Trans-Neon-Green) and 44 (Trans-Yellow)

Part No: x1743
Name: Glass for Window 1x4x6
New colors: 49 (Trans-Neon-Green) and 44 (Trans-Yellow)

Part No: 30374
Name: Bar 4L (Lightsaber Blade)
New colors: 24 (Bright Yellow), 119 (Bright Yellowish Green), 23 (Bright Blue), and 21 (Bright Red)

Part No: 46212
Name: Brick 1x2x5 w/o Side Supports
New colors: 40 (Transparent), 49 (Trans-Neon-Green) and 44 (Trans-Yellow)

Part No: 4532
Name: Container Cupboard 2x3x2
New colors: 40 (Transparent), 111 (Trans-Brown) 192 (Reddish Brown) and 308 (Dark Brown)

Part No: 4533
Name: Container Cupboard 2x3x2 Door
New colors: 40 (Transparent), 111 (Trans-Brown) 192 (Reddish Brown) and 308 (Dark Brown)

Part No: 4536
Name: Container Cupboard 2x3xX Drawer
New colors: 40 (Transparent), 111 (Trans-Brown) 192 (Reddish Brown) and 308 (Dark Brown)

Part No: 2423
Name: Plant Leaves 4x3
New colors: 21 (Bright Red), 154 (Dark Red), 24 (Bright Yellow), 106 (Bright Orange), and 191 (Flame Yellowish Orange)

Part No: 2417
Name: Plant Leaves 6 x 5
New colors: 21 (Bright Red), 154 (Dark Red), 24 (Bright Yellow), 106 (Bright Orange), and 191 (Flame Yellowish Orange)

Part No: x8
Name: Plant Flower Stem 1x1x2/3 w/ 3 Large leaves
New colors: 21 (Bright Red), 154 (Dark Red), 24 (Bright Yellow), 106 (Bright Orange), and 191 (Flame Yellowish Orange)

Part No: 30176
Name: Plant Brick, Round 1 x 1 with 3 Bamboo Leaves
New colors: 21 (Bright Red), 154 (Dark Red), 24 (Bright Yellow), 106 (Bright Orange), and 191 (Flame Yellowish Orange)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact