 Color / 1510
1509  |  1511
Subject:
New Dark Red???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:06:31 GMT

Hi,

Do the new Friends sets have a "different" dark red, and if so, what is it
called?

The new Friends sets advertised many new colors and I noticed that when I got
3061 (City Park Cafe), it had a different dark red color.  It seems to have a
bit more purple in it than the normal dark red.  I assumed this was a new color
and have kept these bricks separate (and they are definitely a different shade
than the old dark red, but you must carefully compare them).

Yesterday, I found loads of 2x4x1 bricks at pick-a-brick (Mission Viejo, CA Lego
store) in this new dark red.  I tested them and they match the ones from the
Friends sets.

I was looking on bricklink to order more plates to go with them, but to my
dismay, I could not find any color differentiation.  I went to bricklink stores
that I new had parted out City Park Cafe's and the plates and tiles from those
sets appeared to be classified as regular "dark red."

Can anyone help?  I want to get more plates that match this new color, but don't
know how to specify them on bricklink, etc.  I hope that this is not simply a
sudden change in the official "dark red" color.

Brad