 Castle / 777
Re: Lego/playmobile ramble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:48:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rachel Kingston writes:

Thats the other thing that Playmobil do, that Lego should copy, all the
Playmobil sets are around long enough to actually have the  money to purchase
before discontinuing.

TLC seem to have theme-concurrency mania. IE. They'd never release the types of
stand-alone figures that Playmobil do, because they wouldn't 'fit' into any
particular theme. Forget that the point is to play and that having an
out-of-theme character is more creative than retentively grouping, and forget
that children don't necessarily *want* or *need* to group things together in
pre-determined ways!

But still the Playmobil stand-alone rack at my local TRU is fun to look
through, more fun than the Lego aisle sometimes it has to be said! Diversity
and imagination probably go a lot further towards attracting and maintaining
interest!

The only reason why I don't buy Playmobil is because the sets and figures,
although pretty, are not really customisable.

Yesterday, the price I was quoted on one figure, with two or three small
accessories, was $17Aus. I was a bit shocked at the price, and I thought Lego
was expensive!

Yak! The figures sell for around £2, ($5AUD) over in the UK!

Richard