 Castle / 6188
Re: Enter the Dragon ... or a fun teaser.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:08:39 GMT

dude!  that is so cool!!

Thanks!

describe the joints and articulations please! it looks very pose-able and
non-mechanical, which is the creative challlenge here.  i love dragon/
(dino) building because it is like a hybrid between sculpture and mecha lego
disciplines.

I know all about you and dragons:)  We even had some cool plans that had to
do with them.  I have two more pictures that might show off some more
detail:

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/verneer-chronicles/dragon/dragon13.JPG

The hands are your standard lego legs.  I have two pairs of them per hand,
giving the beast five fingers on each hand.  They are all independents,
which is a big plus.  Each arm also uses four Star Wars hinges as well.
They are connected to the main body (made of the two things from the
Witche's Windship <set:6037>) with the black turntables (found in the
Defense Archer <set:4811>).  The legs are very similiar.

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/verneer-chronicles/dragon/dragon14.JPG

This shows the tail (I wanted more parts, but on my first attempt, I was
antsy to get it done) and the movement of the arms.

Some downsides to it are the fact that it is a little top heavy ...
something to work on for future dragons for sure.

she's a beautiful dragon at that! that snarling face is excellent and very
scary-scary! she may need to eat up a few dozen peasants because shes
looking a bit thin though. ;-)

That's what my mom said too!  They'll be plenty of people eaten ... that's
for sure:)

really looking forward to your new chapter!

later ~ craig~

-- Pawel