 Castle / 6134
  Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

O.K. What is everyone's opinion on painting lego? I am currently debating painting a few minifig heads olive green for an Orc Army. I have everything (except the heads assembled) I have been trying different heads but to no avail. Has anyone else (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

There is a _translucent_green_ UFO head, I think, but it wouldn't be good on a Castle monster. My opinon on painting LEGO is that it shouldn't be done. To me, the point of LEGO is to build something new and unique using existing parts. To me, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

I have absolutely no qualms about painting, cutting, gluing, sanding scraping, etc. etc. parts I have plenty of, or just don't like. Johnny Thunders, Qui-Gons, and Willa Witch's are all customizing-fodder. OTOH, I won't touch my pre-1995 Castle (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

(...) etc. (...) I agree! I think the next level of creation IS customization. An earlier comment about waiting for Lego to come out with stuff? Some things will never come. Lego was built on the foundation of non-war toys. The fact that they came (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

(...) In the AD&D world, gold dragons didn't have wings to begin with, they flew by magic alone. (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

(...) Huh? How is Fright Knights a war toy? Yes, they take the Royal Knights as prisoners, but the Forestmen were being captured by the royal guys (not sure which ones, Crusaders maybe) 10 years before Fright Knights. If LEGO was wavering their (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

(...) john ~ i have to stand up and be counted as a proponent of customizing. ;-) check out my site, especially the "tips & techniques" page (which has a recounting of my first dragon painting "incident") (URL) as for the green mini-fig head, i have (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Painting Lego (Was: More Dragons)

(...) Actually, let me say this, being the grandson of a master craftsman. It is very possible to get a thin coat of pait from a can of krylon paint. I know because I've gotten one myself. Your problem was you did not let the primer cure for a long (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)