 Castle / 5860
5859  |  5861
Subject:
Bulls Brothers Travelling Circus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:02:14 GMT

I don't like the way the newer castle sets are presented.  The LEGO company
loves telling us that some minifigures are good brave people, and others are
evil robbers.  Yes, the evil guys are always robbers, even though every castle
set I've ever seen contains less money than the Town bank or train station. It
really bugs me that my Fire Ninja Fortress contained only four coins. In the
old days the distinction wasn't as clear and I believed for a long time that
the Black Knights were good guys and always wore red, and the Crusaders were
bad and always wore blue; just becasue one of my very first sets was that
folding Black Knights castle (more of a wall) that was being attacked by a big
catapult.  There weren't any particularly heroic or ugly looking figures, I
guess they were really just two good sides with opposing views.  Now its all
different. But look at the Bulls more closely.  These guys aren't robbers, they
are entertainers!  Yes, there are lots of catuputs, but you could put on a
pretty good show with those, and amaze the crowds as a bulls stunt man is
catapulted into a safety net (not included).  Many bulls are skilled
sword-swallowers, fire-eaters, axe-tossers, and spear-throwers- blindfolded!
(explains the eye patches!)  The royal spectators watch closesly as the famous
escape artist is put into a cage and locked into the battering ram!  And of
course this circus has horses!  After the show, children will want to visit the
Axe Cart to buy their own plastic axe or Bulls shield.  Fun for the whole
family, coming soon to a kingdom near you!  Good idea?