 Castle / 5839
Re: Update on my village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:10:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Elliott writes:
Good work Dave!

I actually wanted to ask you about the way you approached building the
hill for the stream.  I like to sculpt landscapes around my dioramas,
but I'm not sure I've hit on the best strategy yet.

I tend to only build hill slopes in increments of a full brick, mostly
because of the limited availability of green plates.  Do you use
plate-increment slopes?  If you use brick-increments, how do you make
roads look good, since they're necessarily plate-sloped?

How high is your hill, and how many bricks, roughly, do you think went
into it?  What are good sources for the green, grey, brown and tan
bricks and plates you use?

Thanks!

Jeff

Don't let green plate availability daunt you. Plate-high contours on a hill
could be established by plates underneath green bricks. Then plates of any
color can be used since they won't be visible in the end. Picture molding the
hill in multi colored plates and then covering the whole thing with green
bricks once you have the desired contours. The only place you may need to
worry about green plates then would be the edge or perimeter of the hill
though slopes, rocks, water, and other landscape features could help disguise
the apparent sheer edge.

John