 Castle / 4436
Re: Insights from a trip to France...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:14:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"David Eaton" wrote...
Insight number 5: (the last one) Randomness!
All the castles were very oddly built. There was very little if any • symetry
(sp?) in a castle, except maybe within a single tower or single "chunk" of
wall... There were always odd angles and turns in the walls, very few • right
angles, and mostly rounded towers as opposed to square ones... It makes
modelling them accurately in Lego a new feat of genius!

There is a reason for the 'randomness' and asymmetry of the castles and
fortresses in places where they've been build for war.

I made a quick page to illustrate the thing since I'm not familiar with the
english words for all details of a castle (to be quite honest, I'm not the
least knowledgeable of the swedish words either *grin*).

http://hem.passagen.se/purjo/lego/castle.html

Have a look, please don't bug me about the rest of the pages, they aren't
published yet, just there for the public to look at. =)

// Eric (too)
--
"The great thing about Lego isn't that you can build something out of it,
the great thing is that you can build something else."

  Eric Hampusgård (legobiten)
  Swedish AFOL Group
  purjo at hem dot passagen dot se