 Castle / 4262
Re: Lego Warcraft would be soooo cool...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:26:26 GMT

The way this works is a creative company invents a gaming engine and several
others copy it.  Classic example Wolfenstein/Doom invented by Idg.  These guys
invented the 3D shooter engine that was copied by many others.  Once software
engine is created, it is simple to adjust the graphics, maps and weapons to
suit your theme.  The same is true with Warcraft.  Blizzard invented the
engine (technically Dune invented it, Blizzard just perfected it), and many
others copied it (command and conquer, Age of Empires, etc.).  So for TLG to
produce the game would require the expense of licencing the engine, and the
work to adjust the game specifics (graphics, characters, maps, etc.)

I know this is a very simple explanation for a very involved process but my
point is that this would be easier than you might think.

Scott

In lugnet.castle, Pearson Castner writes:
You could just make a war2 TC like they did with myth... Its not hard at all.