 Castle / 4259
Re: Lego Warcraft would be soooo cool...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:54:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Paul Davidson writes:
I was thinking about the effort a large scale castle minifig war would take,
and decided that having a Lego version of Warcraft (that wonderful Blizzard
game, go Canada!) would rock.

Blizzard moved from Irvine, California?
WHAT!!!!!!!  It was in Irvine????
I live there! When was it there?

Imagine having your own army of dozens or hundreds of little Lego soldiers
scurrying around your screen, preparing to attack your buddies who are
playing against you over the Internet?  Send some guys to go scout the
territory, station some more sentries around your castles, build a few more
catapults, add another blacksmith shop to one of your castles, enlarge your
stables, move your king to a safer location, etc. etc.

The economics of the game could be based on harvesting timber (for weapons
and buildings) and metals (for more exotic weapons and buildings).

You could have maybe three types of forces (the equivalents of species in
Warcraft and Starcraft) -- Crusaders, Forestmen, and Fright Knights, all
with different types of units and buildings.  The Crusaders would be strong
and good fighters, the forestmen would be good at stealth and marksmanship,
the Fright Knights good at magic and dragon taming, etc.

Anyone other ideas?

I like the idea, but better to pitch it to whomever has the Lego software
rights than to Blizzard.  I imagine the actual depiction of Lego violence • would
freak Lego - no matter how appropriate to the subject matter it may be - so I
wouldn't hold my breath.

Bruce
Bruce

Alex