 Castle / 2931
Re: Pics from the weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:58:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

What other additions will be
made to this before it's ready to be displayed?

Mostly the mountain and more buildings.  There are others who could not make
the meeting that are working on buildings so we should be good in that
department.  The big thing is the scenery for the outside of the town.

I'm sorry to have missed the gathering. Your pictures look fantastic!

I agree, they look great. LMK when the real thing is put up, I don't want to
miss it! Although I can't officially attend NELUG, I hope you won't mind if I
just happen to drop by TCS while you're there and check it out... :-)

Don't forget, Crispin said we can drape cloth over glass cubes to achieve
levels
of various heights. I might have some ratty burlap around here -- looks a bit
like earth.

That would work really nicely. Craig made nice use of cloth as scenery in his
blue castle pic (sole picture shown in CW).

I would like to put up some pictures of what I've built here.

I'd love to see them!

I think I'm
nearing the end of my contribution. I got some great books from the library
with
drawings of farmers, criminals and houses, etc. from the Middle Ages. I'll try
to make extra photocopies. I plan to start a 3-ring binder, Castle visual-ref
notebook.

Cool. I'd love to see that too.

I've built mostly "day in the life" stuff. Some lonely, worn out serfs with
farming tools, crude plow, and carts (no horses) transporting goods. A hovel
built into in a hill with farm (it's furnished for those who open it).  Hay
pile. Animals: sheep, ram, brown mystery-animal, ducks.

Surely one of the most common types of living in the Middle ages, yet you
don't see lots of these in lego. Great idea!

Also, a 32x32 lush (very green) hill, sorta magical looking, where a druidess
is
mixing a potion (or maybe it's just her dinner). Trees, flowers etc there.

I'm very interested to see how this turns(turned?) out. My green hill didn't
come out as I'd like it to, and I'm trying to figure out how to redo it for
better effect.

Atop another hill, I built a craggy, rocky stone Keep. almost done. it has
dungeon, fancy tower, lookouts, and many BURPs hidden around inside. This
model
is on a 48x48(?) gray baseplate. matches color/style of new castle.

Nice! Who's in charge of it?

For figures, I have many peasant-types -- made from old as well as new
elements.
Including 3 or 4 propperly dressed maidens and some tough, well armed women
(heh!) and a few old and/or sickly folk.

Variety, I like it! I also have both types of women. No old peasants yet, but
coming soon...

Meanwhile, village townhouse occupants have market/shopkeep neighbors. (only 3
buildings- directly up against each other) A kindly woman who works at her
spinning wheel, sells yarns. And a weapons shop with nasty store front and
smithy in back. (all furnished and openable.)

I'd love to see how you did the wheel and yarn... weapons shop sounds nice too.

there's a thief locked in stocks. a shared water well with hand pump.
Highwaymen
(ready to rob). And a crowd gathering in the village street. Looks like
they're
headed up to the Barron's keep. disgruntled for sure -- they're carrying
torches, waving pitchforks, brooms, pots, rakes and the like.

You've got some great scenes there!

I'll post when pics are ready. maybe tonight.

Great, can't wait!

-Shiri