 Castle / 2917
Re: Pics from the weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:02:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

Kudos on the photography!  Any plans on making a landscape in front of the
city out of BURPS?  (ha ha - more work;)  What other additions will be
made to this before it's ready to be displayed?  Your landscape for Mindfest
was very nice, but I doubt it's as necessary for this.  Once again - this is
only serving as a tantalizer to what we could do during the summer ... (or
in the future).

After the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of things about Eric K's
tower & wall sections better than my own, so I went back and on a whim,
completely rebuilt my gate... I like it a lot better than the last one I built,
but it could still use some work-- I really like the portcullis mechanism,
though! I just wish it were accessible 1 level below, rather than exposed on
the roof! Take a look:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/gatehouse.html

Unbelievable!  The blue line is a sweet touch (fire and water?)  The
mechanism is well done and covered up, and the mix of tan elements is also very
effectively used here.  Very nice use of the wall pieces as well - they mix
in well with your bricks.  I guess an equilibrium can be reached between
using just bricks or just walls.  I will be exploring this very soon ...

-- pn