 Castle / 2913

Subject:
Pics from the weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:35:07 GMT

Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

After the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of things about Eric K's
tower & wall sections better than my own, so I went back and on a whim,
completely rebuilt my gate... I like it a lot better than the last one I built,
but it could still use some work-- I really like the portcullis mechanism,
though! I just wish it were accessible 1 level below, rather than exposed on
the roof! Take a look:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/gatehouse.html

DaveE

Re: Pics from the weekend!
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

very nice!  I'd love to see what's in that fence though... what are those?
chickens?  I can't tell... more pictures! :)  I love the buildings, and i envy
your tan plates :)

Re: Pics from the weekend!
In lugnet.castle, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... • Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

very nice!  I'd love to see what's in that fence though... what are those?
chickens?  I can't tell... more pictures! :)  I love the buildings, and i envy
your tan plates :)

Yep, chickens they are! They're kinda tough to see... I don't think we took
pictures of the chickens up close-- we mostly focused on the town's streets :(
I can't wait to see what we've got when this display goes up-- it has proven to
be quite promising!

DaveE

Re: Pics from the weekend!
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

You beat me to it again.  I have had absolutely no time to get something up
yet.  I am hoping tonight works out.

After looking at this again I like it even better.  This is just incredibly
cool in that it takes on the feel of a real medieval village just like I am
shooting for with my stuff.  We need to add some more variety to the buildings
and add some more scenery but I think this is looking incredible.  I can't wait
for the real setup.

After the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of things about Eric K's
tower & wall sections better than my own, so I went back and on a whim,
completely rebuilt my gate... I like it a lot better than the last one I • built,
but it could still use some work-- I really like the portcullis mechanism,
though! I just wish it were accessible 1 level below, rather than exposed on
the roof! Take a look:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/gatehouse.html

Dave this is awsome I really, really like it.  The best part is both gates are
compatable with the wall pieces although we will have to decide on blue or red
for the Window display.

You said that I inspired you.  Well now you have inspired me and I think I am
going to have to go back to my Gate to see what I can do to improve on it.  I
already have a couple of ideas but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag
just yet.

Dave again I love your new gate I don't know what else to say.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My creations at:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/

Re: Pics from the weekend!
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... • Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

You beat me to it again.  I have had absolutely no time to get something up
yet.  I am hoping tonight works out.

:) I know you guys got a bunch more "eye level" shots than I did-- can't wait
to see some of these...

After looking at this again I like it even better.  This is just incredibly
cool in that it takes on the feel of a real medieval village just like I am
shooting for with my stuff.  We need to add some more variety to the buildings
and add some more scenery but I think this is looking incredible.  I can't
wait for the real setup.

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like it-- I have a feeling I'm going to
love the final result!

After the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of things about Eric K's
tower & wall sections better than my own, so I went back and on a whim,
completely rebuilt my gate... I like it a lot better than the last one I
built, but it could still use some work-- I really like the portcullis
mechanism, though! I just wish it were accessible 1 level below, rather than
exposed on the roof! Take a look:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/gatehouse.html

Dave this is awsome I really, really like it.  The best part is both gates are
compatable with the wall pieces although we will have to decide on blue or red
for the Window display.

I like the new one a lot better than the old one I did, but I think it still
needs some changes-- One of the odd things about it is that there's only 2 of
the Leo's Knights flags! There are only two of them in all the new castle
sets-- both in 6091 (sigh, the big one) So I probably will go out and pick up
another one...

You said that I inspired you.  Well now you have inspired me and I think I am
going to have to go back to my Gate to see what I can do to improve on it.  I
already have a couple of ideas but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag
just yet.

Yeah, there are a couple things I'd like to improve on, and I'm not sure how
many of them I'm going to do... I'm also a lot lower on bricks now (the new
tower took a chunk more than expected out of my grey) but I needed more service
packs anyway :)

DaveE

Re: Pics from the weekend!
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

Kudos on the photography!  Any plans on making a landscape in front of the
city out of BURPS?  (ha ha - more work;)  What other additions will be
made to this before it's ready to be displayed?  Your landscape for Mindfest
was very nice, but I doubt it's as necessary for this.  Once again - this is
only serving as a tantalizer to what we could do during the summer ... (or
in the future).

After the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of things about Eric K's
tower & wall sections better than my own, so I went back and on a whim,
completely rebuilt my gate... I like it a lot better than the last one I built,
but it could still use some work-- I really like the portcullis mechanism,
though! I just wish it were accessible 1 level below, rather than exposed on
the roof! Take a look:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/gatehouse.html

Unbelievable!  The blue line is a sweet touch (fire and water?)  The
mechanism is well done and covered up, and the mix of tan elements is also very
effectively used here.  Very nice use of the wall pieces as well - they mix
in well with your bricks.  I guess an equilibrium can be reached between
using just bricks or just walls.  I will be exploring this very soon ...

-- pn

Re: Pics from the weekend!