 Castle / 2345
Re: [CW] Too many wizards???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In a message in another thread,
someone made a comment that we should not have
too many mages/wizards in our armies.

Unfortunately, in the "army" (actually, population)
that I'm building, I've already got a dozen or so wizards,
most of them "bad guys", and I'm in the process of making
a few more.

I see nothing wrong with having lots of wizards.  I've got a pretty good number
myself, around 12.  I think it is just a matter of personal preference.

Also, I've got several of the Lego dragons,
in addition to some "dragon younglings" [1]
as the aerial force for my army.

As do I.  I think I am up to about a dozen of them, also.  I'm considering
having an aerial battle between the Dragons and the (soon to be constructed)
Airships.  :)

The single largest "uniform" contingent that I've got
is about 12 to 16 or so Dragon Master soldiers
(a year or so ago, I hit a Kaybee Toys here in the mall
when they had all their remaining stock of a DM polybag set
on clearance sale...).

My largest uniformed contingent is about 60 FK Bullet Helmed guys.  :)

Thus, as I see it, if I want to build an army worthy of
(in-character) respect, I'm stuck with using the wizards
and dragons as the main source of strength for my army.

That's fine by me.  Armies vary considerably, in size and unit type.  That is
the way it has always been.

Jeff