 Castle / 2342
Re: [CW] Too many wizards???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:18:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In a message in another thread,
someone made a comment that we should not have
too many mages/wizards in our armies.

Unfortunately, in the "army" (actually, population)
that I'm building, I've already got a dozen or so wizards,
most of them "bad guys", and I'm in the process of making
a few more.

I guess personally I don't have a problem with this.  In my view Castle World
is a place to consolidate all our creations into one place and create stories
which cross one or more kingdom's.  I personally will probably only have one
maybe 2 wizards plus some healers and maybe 1 dragon.

I really don't see a problem with the charictaristics of one kingdom being
different from the others.  Let me give you one example from a series of books
I have been reading.  I know I have plugged these before but again these are
the Terry Goodkinds "Sword of Truth" novels which I highly recommend if you are
into fantasy novels like The Hobbit etc.

Anyway in these books the lands are divided into thirds and each is protected
by a barrier that at the begining keeps the folk in one of the lands from ever
coming into contact with the others.  One of the lands had no majic at all.
Another had lots of Wizards and Sorceresses.  The Third was rules by a single
evil Mage and no other majic was allowed.  Without giving away the story these
lands do end up meeting as the barriers come down.  It is really a well written
story and I hope you try them out.

What I am getting at is just because you have lots of Wizards does not
necessarily make you stronger than someone else.  You have different abilities
for sure but they could be countered by differing abilities of other nations
that may or may not use majic.  Plus seeing we are kind of writing this as we
go why not let there be variety and see how events evolve and take shape.  I
think it could be really cool.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/