 Castle / 18640
Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:46:23 GMT

Ah, excellent idea!  I should take up smoking to make my new bricks match my old
ones!  Problem solved!

In all seriousness, the color change is not the end of the world.  But when I
read a message like yours I have to wonder whether you think the change is a
good idea, or if you simply accept it.  Do you actually welcome this change?

I am reminded of the scene from Spinal Tap where the band sees the new all-black
album cover for Smell The Glove, and they all start to rationalize how cool it
looks.  ("How much more black could it be?  And the answer is no more black..."
"You can see yourself in BOTH sides...")

So I really want to know.  If you had the power to decide one way or another
whether TLC would change the colors, honestly, would you?  Or are you just
looking for the silver lining to that Dark Grey cloud?

- Chris.

No, I wouldn't have changed the colors.  But I have a hard time seeing why
people are getting so worked up over it.  Legos are my hobby, not my life.  I
build to have fun and relax.  I don't have strong emotions tied into what the
Lego company decides to do with colors.  I have much important things to be
concerned about.

Tired of the whole color discussion,
Josh

PS.  I replied to your post out of courtesy, but in the future, if you really
want someone's opinion, don't compare their statements to Spinal Tap. :)