 Castle / 18624
Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin wrote:
Hey Nathan,

I have avoided getting involved in the whole colors thing, but this is a good
question.  I don't really think the new colors will be a huge deal.  I already
have color variety in my grey.  I have really old lego and really new lego, and
some has faded or been stained.  I have some with the smokers tinge, that I
bought off of Ebay too.  So, for me, I don't anticipate a major crisis.  Anyway,
a major crisis in my opinion involves people dying and such, not changes to my
hobby.  I think it will give us all more scope for building creativity after
emotions have settled down.

Just my honest opinion,
Josh

Ah, excellent idea!  I should take up smoking to make my new bricks match my old
ones!  Problem solved!

In all seriousness, the color change is not the end of the world.  But when I
read a message like yours I have to wonder whether you think the change is a
good idea, or if you simply accept it.  Do you actually welcome this change?

I am reminded of the scene from Spinal Tap where the band sees the new all-black
album cover for Smell The Glove, and they all start to rationalize how cool it
looks.  ("How much more black could it be?  And the answer is no more black..."
"You can see yourself in BOTH sides...")

So I really want to know.  If you had the power to decide one way or another
whether TLC would change the colors, honestly, would you?  Or are you just
looking for the silver lining to that Dark Grey cloud?

- Chris.