 Castle / 18439
18438  |  18440
Subject:
White Tower -- Under Construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:40:13 GMT

When the new castle wall standard was announced way back in August, I wanted to build a cool tower to use in a corner section. I also wanted to see if I could build stuff along diagonals, which isn’t very easy. This use of tall sloped pieces was the genesis for it all:

I wish I had more white 1x1 round bricks, because those gray ones just don’t look good. Oh well. I also quickly realized I didn’t have enough white pieces to make the tower in the first place, so I decided to instead create a scene of minifigs building the tower. I think it turned out pretty well, considering I have never built a LEGO scene of my own design before; I’ve always just built LEGO sets as the instructions show, and objects like spaceships and TECHNIC/Mindstorms things.

I finally got around to taking pictures of my tower scene, so here they are on Brickshelf.

I’m particularly proud of the big rock that one guy is breaking up, since I’ve never tried making a landscape type object, either. I like how the hole he’s making in it ended up looking.

If some of the pictures seem slightly spotty, it’s because my digital camera can’t do good closeup shots, so I used the digital zoom to get in that far. I had a bunch of other pictures, too, but they were extremely out of focus because the camera was too close. So, you won’t get a close shot of the cart with wood in it, or of the guy carving the marble arch. But I think the overhead shots show them well enough.

Let me know what you think, since this is my first ever attempt at something like this.